Would you give a refund?

Kelly-And-Fabian0
Level 3
Sacramento, CA

Would you give a refund?

Today we had a booking for someone who wanted to spend the night tomorrow instead of driving home. He canceled today as well. He didn't give much of an explanation, he just said he made other plans. Would you issue a refund?

3 Replies 3
Maryam-Al-Fakheer0
Level 10
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

No, I would not give a refund as there is no time/chance left to have another guest booking. 

Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Always stick to you cancelation policy unless you have house issues such as plumbing, electrical, or network problems and if he doesn't cancel through Airbnb it will not be an issue. If he does cancel, let Airbnb know you will stick to your cancelation policy.
Nancy2
Level 6
Sacramento, CA

I think in this case it's a personal decision on your part.  The guest probably isn't expecting a refund (if not part of your cancellation policy) but may ask.  So you don't have to of course.

But then there's the karma answer.  I personally would probably offer to refund the second night.  I always appreciate an unexpected night to myself even if it's not paid.  And it would seem fair to me.  That's just how I look at my Airbnb business - I don't want to get too caught up about the money then things like this become a negative.  I prefer to offer than "give in" to a request/demand. 

Hope it works out well...