booking

Susan753
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

booking

Hello my name is Susan and I am new to airbnb as both a guest /host. I had no problem with the travel part however as a new host I,m not a happy person.Last Monday I was working on my calender for the months of Dec.- Feb. my dates were Saved when I left the page everything ok. on my way home form work I recieved a ping from airbnb.A guest had gone in my acct. and completely removed all of my Feb prices and booked their self in for the Super Bowl weekend aat a price I'm not willing to except it is not the price i had in place for those dates. I decided to cancel the next morning because after looking at the rate I noticed it wasn't what I had locked in

I guess I don't know why I am being punished for cancelling this person when clearly he hacked my acct. I was also under the impression that it was 3 women coming. I had earlier in the same week experienced a request for those same dates 2/2-2/5

only to find out that the person requesting had hacked his Exgirl friends acct. she responded to my email right away.

I believe this was the same person that changed my Feb. schedule trying to get in again.

I don't think it is fair I cant' except any offers for super bowl weekend because I canc. that guy.I was concidering being a full time host but I want to be treated fairly

3 Replies 3

@Susan753, I am so sorry this has happened to you!

I hope AirBnB can help you get your calendar fixed so you can host people for a good price for the Superbowl!

The topic I wanted to ask address was the whole "hacking" your account thing. What evidence was left that makes it clear he hacked your account?

The reason I ask is that I remember some people recently having trouble with glitches in the AirBnB system, and I wonder if the disappearance of your Feb prices was due to the same system glitches. It takes a lot to convince AirBnB to make a change to their policies about cancellations, and I want you to have the strongest possible case to bring to them.

To back up the claim about hacking, maybe you can ask them if they have logs of who accessed your account. If someone else accessed your account, hopefully AirBnb has records of someone logging in to your account from a different location, or a log of when your prices were last changed.

If they do keep a log of price changes, maybe ask them to look into the logs of the time you made your own changes. See if the log shows the price changes being properly saved. Maybe there was a system glitch that caused your changes to not save correctly. You are looking for anything to help explain that the cancelled reservation is not your fault.

Best of luck with this! I hope you get a good result from talking to them!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Susan753

Not sure of I understand how this happened, I can see somebody could access  his GF's account but not how yours was accessed?

Please let us know how things go.

David
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Susan753,

Nice to meet you.

I can understand your frustration here, especially as it sounds like you spent a lot of time updating your prices. It does sound a little strange though, I wonder have you been in contact with Airbnb Support Team at all to find out what has happened?

If you cancelled without informing Airbnb of your reason for doing this, it is likely they are unaware of your reason for doing this and it will be taken as a standand cancellation and that is why your dates are blocked in your calendar for this. 

I hope this can be all sorted out for you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.