different listings for different guest numbers and restricted house access?

Jason-And-Brett0
Level 2
Rosebank, Australia

different listings for different guest numbers and restricted house access?

Hello 

I want to offer parts of our house at a different price than full house . 

For example - If you only need two bedrooms you can have a cheaper rate than if you require access to all four rooms. 

Do I need to create a second listing for this? 

Many thanks.

Jason 

7 Replies 7
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Jason-And-Brett0 it might be cleaner & simpler to have two listings. 

I have two listings (exact same space!) bc one is priced for small groups on weekdays & the other is priced for large groups on weekends. 

I have tho seen listings where hosts say something like “pricing for 2 guests includes bedroom 1, 3-4 guests will include bedroom 2, 5-6 will include bedroom 3 & 7-8 will include all the previous plus an air mattress and additional linens.”

that strikes me as rife with possible misunderstanding since guests tend to have poor reading comprehension 

Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

@Jason-And-Brett0, you can have two listings which are linked so that you don't double book them.  I have a situation where I have either a studio, or if I open up a bedroom I get 2 more beds and a little more money.  I can list both but if either one gets booked, the calendar is blocked for the other one.  Works pretty well - I always check before accepting since there are so many glitches with the Airbnb system I don't fully trust it (and they are always changing it, without notice!), and I don't use instant book, but so far so good....

Thanks for that  - How do you link them? 

Airbnb help told me to create a new listing, which I did,  but I am just manually blocking out the calendar for one when the other is booked. 

Jason 🙂 

@Jason-And-Brett0, when you open your dashboard it is an option, under "listings" -- at the very bottom you should see something like this, e.g. "linked Airbnb calendars" -  open it to edit and link the calendars. It should prevent you from double booking... 

listings.PNG

Hint, by the way, if you want to address someone in particular use the @ sign and a dropdown menu will pop up with the people in that conversation so you can make sure they see that you have a question or a reply. 

@Susie5 Thank you for that tip - I found it! 🙂

thanks 

Grace196
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Additional  prices.

Extra people $20/night after the second guest.

When the guest make reservation  the price automaticly adjust.