none refundable booking discount

Andy12
Level 2
Zurich, Switzerland

none refundable booking discount

AirBnB recently introduced the 'none refundable booking discount'. Guests can choose to pay the price for the selected regular cancellation policy or get a 10% discount for none refundable bookings. I think that this is a great feature. But where do guests actually see this option? I have activiated the option and then tried to make a booking while not being logged in with my user as host. However, when searching the unit, I only see the regular long term discount I set up in the the pricing details, but I do not see anywhere the 10% discount option for none refundable bookings. Hence, my question, where do guests see this additional discount and how can they avail of it?

3 Replies 3
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Here you go @Andy12

Untitled5.png 

Andy12
Level 2
Zurich, Switzerland

Thanks. Jeff. That‘s very helpful. Best Regards. Andy

Mary-and-Marvin0
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

I chose to participate in this 10% discount for non-refundable booking program. A few days ago, a guest had to cancel their travel due to bad weather. When they canceled their booking a couple days before they were to arrive, they were told they would not get a refund (even though we have the most flexible refund policy).

They did not remember choosing that discount, and the message they got for why they were not getting the refund told them they would get no refund due to the settings chosen by the host. I chose to give them the full refund just to make sure they were happy. But I decided to opt out of that discount program.

Of course I'm trusting that the guest is honest about what they saw in the AirBnB system, but I think she's telling me the truth. I sent feedback to AirBnB telling them that I would not participate in that discount until they  

1) make it unmistakably clear when a guest chooses that discount that it is changing their booking to a non-refundable status, regardless of what's mentioned in the listing about refund policy and

2) when the guest cancels under this discount offer, they get a warning message that they are cancelling a non-refundable booking - AND THAT IT'S NON-REFUNDABLE BECAUSE THEY CHOSE THAT OPTION.