pricing

Janelle40
Level 1
Macmasters Beach, Australia

pricing

Hello fellow  hosts

I have a concern about the control that airbnb has with dictationg the nightly price. I understand the variabilty to be expected in the nightly rate at the time of booking when my choice is smart pricing for that night. Most of the time, I have smart pricing on, however at peek season I fix the price for the dates chosen. I have recently had the experience that unbeknowns to me,  the  fixed price was reverted back to smart pricing and therefore I lost a significant amount of money. My fixed price was  well above my base rate and the smart price airbnb put on for that christmas period. As I didnt check it at the time of booking, I only was aware of this change from airbnb until much latter. I had my place managed by someone else. I reported this and spoke to 2 different ladies at the help centre. They both reiterated that airbnb take no responsibility for what i believe was a glitch in their system. Nothing could be done. It was my word against theirs, and as they had no proof that I had fixed the price early in the year and i had no proof that i had either. They were unable to get the price changing history.

I am reaching out to the community to ask if this has happened to anyone else, what was your process and result?

kind regards

janelle (australian superhost)

3 Replies 3
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

See answer in your duplicated thread. 🙂

Cherie59
Level 2
East Jordan, MI

I have had multiple issues with AirBnb pricing and find the website difficult to navigate. This morning I discovered that a special I was running for a specified price at a specified timeframe had been extended to peak tourist time resulting in one pending reservation being denied and another being cancelled. I was on the phone with Airbnb twice this morning, the last call lasted over an hour. I do not feel that the problem was resolved at all. I never know what my prices are are going to be and I am worried it is affecting my listing. I decided to try and post the special pricing myself in my description but the limited number of words allowed prevents this. I work with a couple of other websites and this one is by far so difficult and inefficient and time consuming to work with. Has anybody been able to post special pricing in an area where potential customers can see it immediately? 

Janelle40
Level 1
Macmasters Beach, Australia

Hi Cherie

i have recently taken smart pricing off due a situation where I lost a lot of money peak season due to my fixed pricing being reverted back to smart pricing and thus charging a much lower rate for those bookings. After many phone calls Airbnb compensated me for approximately 50% of my predictions loss. I will not use smart pricing. Again. 

I also share the problem of how to advertise a promotion for a particle situation. No space to put it. ????

janelle