Check in Automated Messages

Paul75
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

Check in Automated Messages

Hello 

So it's been a while since I used AirBNB, previously I used https://hosttools.com/ 

However I know with AirBNB you can now use the automated inbuilt messages.

However for checkout it say's the guest will get an automated push notification.

The problem is I can't when this message gets send as the history isn't showing in the message conversation?

Should it not show in the message history?

Cheers

Paul

3 Replies 3
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Paul75 

Guests get sent an automated message at 5pm (local time) the day before of your check-out instructions as long as you have entered them on your listing of course but I always send my own personalised message via Airbnb as a back-up too.

This is what you'll read on Airbnb re Check out procedure:

We’ll send guests an automatic reminder with your checkout time and instructions. This is sent as a push notification to your guest’s mobile device the day before checkout at 5:00 PM in the time zone where they’re staying. 

Guests need to have the Airbnb app downloaded and push notifications enabled to receive this reminder. Once they check out, guests can let you know they’ve left with a single tap or click. 

You might want to emphasize why a timely checkout is necessary. “I tell guests the cleaner will arrive at 11:00 AM to prepare the apartment for the next guests, so they understand why it’s important to leave on time,” says Joh, a Superhost in San Francisco.

Paul75
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

ok thanks but does the system system also sent a check in message? 

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Guests usually receive check-in information 48 hours before arrival but again I always send a message to my guests to make sure that they have all the necessary information and to agree on an approx time of arrival as I greet my guests and don't want to keep them waiting.

In our message thread with guests we can either create quick replies with information that we've saved or automated messages that get sent automatically to guests too.