Disgusting conditions

Helga252
Level 1
Vernon, Canada

Disgusting conditions

Yesterday, I went to a new place hosted by Rocio in Puerto Vallarta.  I felt like the place was a bit unclean so I bought sheets.  When I stripped the bed, I found the mattress was truly disgusting.  It was covered in stains   I took pictures and sent them to the host.  She said I still had time to cancel and get a full refund.  Which I did.  She only approved 1/3 of a refund. I spent 6 hours with support and finally insisted on getting help from a supervisor.  I did finally get a full refund from them as a good will gesture.  The host has since ghosted me

i wish I could post the pictures here!  My previous host, who I returned to, asked if someone had been murdered!

how can this possibly be allowed?!?!   How is a missing swimming pool more of a breach than a bed no one would EVER want to sit on, never mind sleep on?!?!

I cannot even leave a review to warn others because I cancelled the reservation in order to get a refund, as per the host’s instructions

AirBNB needs to change its policies.  There needs to be recourse for this kind of issue.  

1 Reply 1
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Sorry I don't understand. Why would you strip the bed though? 

Is it (the stains) because the host didn't use a mattress protector like he/she is supposed to? 

protip: always use a mattress protector, so the mattress itself is not stained.