EV charging at home

Julie5163
Level 2
Bryan, TX

EV charging at home

Any experienced advice as to is EV charging should be a upcharge for a 12 night stay?  

4 Replies 4
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Julie5163 

Here is a recent discussion thread about EV charging. Maybe some of it helps to answer your question?

Electric cars - Airbnb Community (withairbnb.com)

thank you very much for the link 

Hi Julie,

When considering whether to apply an additional charge for EV charging during a 12-night stay, evaluate the cost implications, the potential competitive advantage, and the impact on guest satisfaction.

If you decide to implement an extra charge, it’s essential to clearly outline this in your Airbnb listing to prevent any misunderstandings or disputes. For instance, you could state: "Please note, EV charging is available for an additional fee of $X per day."

Additionally, you might consider adding a house rule specifying that no EV charging is provided if there isn't a clear policy from Airbnb regarding this service. This will ensure complete clarity for your guests.

Such transparency is key to avoiding potential issues and enhancing overall guest satisfaction by setting clear expectations right from the start.

I hope this advice assists you in making an informed decision.

Best regards,

Upfish Management

yes I agree re transparency. Unfortunately this EV charging issue has not come up and has never even been suggested to me by previous PM consultants so nothing is in my listing. And no, ABNB does not include it in amenity lists or in their extra charges list (where charges for pets and extra cleaning is disclosed).

So I will add it now for future guests.

As for the current guest - he has stayed 1.5 days before asking if it is okay to charge 2 Teslas (only one of which is there now). there are no public chargers in our area. 

I appreciate your response …..