Guest Leaving things

Answered!
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Guest Leaving things

I have a question to ask y’all…

Do your guest ever leave things after they leave? What would be the strangest thing they have left?

We had one guest leave $5000 in the safe,

1 Best Answer
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sudsrung0 

ALL THE TIME.

Guests often leave stuff behind, occasionally by mistake, but usually on purpose because they overpack, go shopping in London and then realise they can't fit it all in their suitcases, or are going to be over the weight limit. I've never had anything super valuable left behind, but some items are certainly not that cheap, e.g. a camera tripod or Fendi top...

The strangest thing? Well, that's a long story:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Condom-Girl-AKA-My-Weirdest-Guest/m-p/1223607

I had to take photographic evidence of that one, just in case it was not the last I heard from this guest...

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Sudsrung0  did you fall over finding that? Or did a cleaner find it? 

How did the guests respond... wow 😳

@Clara116 

Yes you are right, the cleaner found it they were lucky later that day we had two guys checking in,

@Sudsrung0 Wow, you are so fortunate to have such an honest cleaner also. And yes, the guests checking in would have been celebrating for sure. 

I hope the guest that left the money is giving you some reward money for that blunder - that you can pass on to the cleaner. They deserve a bonus.....If the  guest collecting the money doesn't do that, I hope you will say, Hey, our cleaner found and returned all your money - how about a small gift for their honesty!!

I hope you do that....keep me posted.

They were very generous, they gave me $30 they could have lost the lot, They never mentioned it  

@Sudsrung0 

In Korea, there is a law for finder compensation. 

https://elaw.klri.re.kr/eng_mobile/viewer.do?hseq=32084&type=new&key=

Article 4 (Compensation)
A person to whom an article is returned shall pay a finder compensation within the extent of not less than 5 percent but not more than 20 percent of the value of the article
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Sudsrung0   Fluffy pink handcuffs.  

@Lorna170 

Did you keep them for yourself?

Gosh NO!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sudsrung0 

ALL THE TIME.

Guests often leave stuff behind, occasionally by mistake, but usually on purpose because they overpack, go shopping in London and then realise they can't fit it all in their suitcases, or are going to be over the weight limit. I've never had anything super valuable left behind, but some items are certainly not that cheap, e.g. a camera tripod or Fendi top...

The strangest thing? Well, that's a long story:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Condom-Girl-AKA-My-Weirdest-Guest/m-p/1223607

I had to take photographic evidence of that one, just in case it was not the last I heard from this guest...

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

I had one guest a couple of months back leave 2 pairs of new trainers, She had moved to another area on the island so I gave her directions to my shop, she said she would come for them but she never did,