Guest left several months early, didn't notify Airbnb - what are the next steps to repost?

Teresa2117
Level 2
Asheville, NC

Guest left several months early, didn't notify Airbnb - what are the next steps to repost?

Hi, folks:

Need a little guidance here...my guest left without notice after just a week into her 6 month booked stay because her work assignment didn't work out for her. She hasn't, apparently, notified Airbnb, and I want to figure out how to change my calendar to showing that my space is now open. I see notes about me having a possible penalty if I officially cancel the stay unless I get her agreement. She is apparently a bit of a wild card, pretty unpredictable, and I don't want it to end up that she blames me, so I was waiting for her to notify Airbnb. She hasn't. I'm looking for guidance, please. 

Thanks!!

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Teresa2117 to make this work you possibly need to offer the guest something. She should have paid for the first month and will need to pay for the next month roughly 2 weeks into her stay. My thoughts are you could either:

1) Wait until she doesn't pay the second month and then the calendar should open up or

2) Offer to refund say the last week of the month she has already paid if she cancels now.

Good luck (and research tenancy rights just in case it all gets nasty).

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Teresa2117 If the guest has left , her choice then call Airbnb and ask them to re- instate the booking for you. I will assume that you communicated with the guest in some way as to her desire to leave. Show this to Airbnb. you will recieve some part of your first monthly payment but nothing more..all the best .. H

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Teresa2117,

I just came across your post and saw the wonderful advice from Helen and Mike. Would you like to share with us how you handled this situation in the end?

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad