Guests booked for 2 months then called to say they will cancel unless allowed to bring 2 cats.

Tami1
Level 4
Benton, KY

Guests booked for 2 months then called to say they will cancel unless allowed to bring 2 cats.

First of all,  it bothered me  that they called weeks after booking to inform me about the cats, leaving no "paper trail" on airbnb's messaging platform.  I told them I had allowed this once before but only if they agreed to pay for professional cleaning costs  in advance.  They agreed no problem, yeah right!  After called 3 cleaning places I learned the price would be 250-300.  I will message them this news later today.  These guests  are young, 2 single guys and a couple who look to be in their 20's.  They're all staying here to set up medicare support temp offices  in the 4 walmarts nearest me for 62 days.   Honestly I need this booking, the season for tourists here is May-August. After that I have managed to get a few traveling professionals over the years but it's slow.   Should I go ahead and  add the fee now? I doubt there's anyone else who'd allow 2 cats to stay inside unsupervised all day M-F for 2 months.  On the other hand,  the  last thing I want is for cats to spray in my place or leave a stinky mess that I am stuck with!    Thanks for your opinions.  

1 Reply 1

@Tami1 

I guess this is up to you but I would definitely put all this information in an Airbnb message to them to document it. Yes, I would get the fee now before they arrive.