How do I remove a slanderous review

Elizabeth290
Level 3
Bryn Mawr, PA

How do I remove a slanderous review

I just had a guest check out who left a nasty review.  Amongst other untruths, she stated that my husband is creepy, and that we watch our guests.  Untrue!  

All my other reviews are 5 star, and this review changes that and makes us look really bad.  How can I get it taken down?

Please help!

137 Replies 137

After over a week there was a response from Trust and Safety who was investigating me (us), my husband for the claim of homophobia by the lying guest who did not come to the property..  Apparently they could not find such a thing, but did not say so, just said that they take claims of such very seriously.  When I asked well, what was your findings, no response.  They just said that our good reviews will make a difference and they won't remove the review.  Wow.  "Host Support".  No other department has responded.  Nothing from the executives. : (  They don't seem to care that I unlisted that particular listing and now am taking reservations from another company on it. It's a listing we save for the summer booking season and it is the 2nd review showing, and although there was a stellar third review because it was from a Chinese guest they move it to the rear of the reviews.  Oddly, no explanation as to why they do that. 

review deleted after much ado.  a phone call from AIRBNB to my  husband and apologies.

whew.  didnt cite exact violations just said several were in violation, my husband too relieved to ask more details. sigh.

susan, they removed the review..husband took the call, apologies were made, two reasons were cited, but he was so relieved he didnt ask what they were.  whew.

we barked, and called, and wrote and called again and again.  finally, they called and apologized for it taking so long and removed it.  

Cara59
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

no idea what happened, i tried to include the true conversation.  didn't work.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can do that by doing a screen grab and then cutting and pasting it into the conversation, I believe.

After over a week there was a response from Trust and Safety who was investigating me (us), my husband for the claim of homophobia by the lying guest who did not come to the property..  Apprentally they could not find such a thing, but did not say so, just said that they take claims of such very seriouslly.  When I asked well, what was your findings, no response.  They just said that our good reviews will make a difference and they won't remove the review.  Wow.  "Host Support". 

@Cara59 That was the exact same words I got from Airbnb support after I received a retaliatory 1 star review from a guest whom Airbnb closed his account. But his one star review still stands. I believe that this seems to be from their top management instead of individuals.

Yes, I responded that it felt like a form letter and they never read the thread to show the lies.  

Well, the only thing to do is find another source for bookings or suck it up.  No response from executives or "support" after that, and most questions go unanswered.  What is the deposit for if a guest agrees to the extra folks but their payment doesn't go thru.   It's not the money, but at the very least I am owed the money.  470 4.9 reviews and no body cares much.  

Cara59
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

i hope these are points they consider. It's all become a big mess.

Still have not heard from AIRBNB. And the Gall of her to not pay at all 

for the extra guests.  Some folks are attorneys because they are good

at aggressive behavior. Uggg. I spoke recently to a friend of mine who 

had 85 people show up for a wedding and she never got payment through 

AIRBNB. CAN YOU IMAGINE???  THERE WAS NO consequence for them!!!

SHOCKING!!!!!  THIS CHRISTINA GUEST forgot to read the most important part of my listing,

"KIND PEOPLE ONLY NEED APPLY!"

Cara59
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

After over a week there was a response from Trust and Safety who was investigating me (us), my husband for the claim of homophobia by the lying guest who did not come to the property..  Apprentally they could not find such a thing, but did not say so, just said that they take claims of such very seriouslly.  When I asked well, what was your findings, no response.  They just said that our good reviews will make a difference and they won't remove the review.  Wow.  "Host Support". 

update; without citing exactly why my husband received a call from an airbnb support person saying that the review was removed for violating several rules...my husband was too relieved to discuss details  although it has been a rough few weeks, took that listing down, many emails to many support folks, and many calls from both of us  to different support folks, and letters to executives (unanswered but perhaps we won't know) finally AIRBNB did the right thing.  Fake review, false accusations of homophobia, intended to hurt our business by someone who didn't arrived to the property....whew.  Neither one of us let up, but it took airbnb awhile, saying they were backlogged.......sigh of relief.  

We had one more audacious review a year or so ago when a guest didn't want us to greet her, and made a big deal of it by saying she would be late in spite of my husband insisting he would wait.  She didn't stay in touch about timing and six hours of waitign he finally left...I was on vacation in Cuba and the guests left a lovely note about how happy they all were, how stellar the house was, drew hearts, signed off all the guests names...he was willing to let it go. and i wrote a gneric review of her.  but one star later and the one work "ugggh" was her review. wow. This guest tricked us into not dinging her in a review which means we were unable to give the heads up to other hosts.  Looking on her Facebook page we saw that she had sneaked her cat into the house (no pet policy) and actually had pictures of it in sequoia national park where our home is.  This woman is a guiness book of wolrd records holder for most countries visited in the shortest time and a very  unpopular reality show host, our luck, big ego and no heart.  lol.  oh well, our shoulders are strong.  airbnb would not remove in spite of the pics proving her cat was in sequoia....lol. 

meant to say unpopular reality show guest....lost or somehting like that....

My review was removed for some reason by the host of "Flowers of The Hills" in Lead, SD.

Does not seem fair for a truthful review to be removed.

Can29
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

How typical of airbnb.