If I don't write a review for a guest, will their review of us appear on our page anyway?

If I don't write a review for a guest, will their review of us appear on our page anyway?

Hello,

We had two guests recently that we were very displeased with, and I suspect the feeling was mutual. Since almost 14 days have passed and they had not written a review I figured I would do the same, the old "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" rule. However, I just received notice that they have now written a review.

If I choose not to write a review for them, will their review go public anyway? Even though we bent over backwards to please these individuals who seemed to think they should have been staying in a polished urban hotel instead of a country house I'm afraid their review will reflect their (apparent) disappointment, and not our efforts to please them.

Thanks,

Amber

55 Replies 55

Thank you so much for the information you’ve given me

Hi @Sandra856 my name is Tammy I’m a host on Airbnb! If I right a negative review on my last family are they able to see it? I was a little upset because  they snuck a 5th person in  the evening when I was in bed I live in the house as well! I would of been fine wit it but they didn’t ask me and plus my profile makes it very clear that it’s $25 extra for each additional person 😝 I have never left a bad review on any of my guest because I really liked them and they were very respectful of my rules! They loved their stay with me they made that very clear but I really didn’t want to throw them under the bus but at the same time I want People know! What are your thoughts! Should I just leave alone? Thanks Sandra

@Tammy526 there is a private part of the review wherin you can easily mention this to the guest. It would have been better to forward the extra charge with an explanation while the guest was still with you....Its important as a host that you follow your own rules especially when they conflict with the guests expectations and learn to mention them to the guests in a way that does not upset them if as you say they were nice people. Its a host muscle , practice using it .. Good Luck ... H

Thank u so much👍

Hi Sandra, I was thinking the same, but it might happen that the guest will send somebodies(a friend) just to get revenge, and make some damages, and/or give a bad(not honest) review ?

Dane199
Level 2
Peterborough, Canada

I don't know why it say everywhere that the guest review will appear after 14 days even if the host doesn't leave a review of the guest.  I had a guest leave my first review, and I didn't know I had to leave a review for them to see their review.  I never left a review for them and their review has never appeared on my profile, it has been over two months.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Dane199 , did you happen to reach out to Customer Support to have this clarified further?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

No

Maybe they didn’t write one because it will show up after 14 days even if it’s one person who wrote it. To my knowledge…

Thomas3407
Level 1
Quintana Roo, Mexico

I think the whole entire review process is horrible and to be honest, not an accurate gage of things. I have run a hotel for over 27 years and feel the views of professional travel writers have always been more objective but we are stuck with this system. I always write good reviews for my clients no matter what ....kill them with kindness so to speak, but if I have a guest who I know is  bent on writing a poor review, I pass writing anything on them. In all the cases I have never seen a review posted by them as a result

What was the outcome?