Is it a vibrant or calm Hosting period for you?

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Is it a vibrant or calm Hosting period for you?

Velas na acomodaçāo - Airbnb Central da Comunidade.png

Hello everyone,

As we approach the end of the year, we wanted to take a moment to check in with all of you and see how things are going 😊

The holiday season can bring a lot of excitement, events, and travel opportunities, but we know that it can also be a quieter period for some Hosts. Some people enjoy taking it easier around this time, wind down, and perhaps even take some time off.

Are you currently experiencing a bustling festive period with a high influx of guests? Or is it a quieter time where you have fewer bookings coming in?

Whether you're enjoying a steady stream of guests or facing a temporary lull, we'd love to hear about your experiences during this time and welcome you to share your wisdom with the wider community 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

48 Replies 48
Lisa8597
Level 1
Columbus, GA

Hello Sophia Happy Holidays to you. We've slowed down right now. Hopefully we’ll pick back up after the first of the year.

Hello there,

It's quiet for me, but only because my calendar is blocked for winter. 

I'm looking forward to refreshing my listings & photos in the New Year ready for Spring and Summer. 

Happy Christmas, Joanne 

Siobhan172
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Sophia,

it's a quiet one for us in London, we’ve only been with air BnB a few weeks now. 

how’s all with you ? 

Raul624
Level 2
San Dimas, CA

Its quiet for me in Palm Springs

it’s quiet here in east la and central valley. never been as quiet as it is

Helen471
Level 2
Lake Worth Beach, FL

Very slow here in south Florida. I definitely do not know how I would have survived if I was solely relying on Airbnb, but I am thankful that I am able to rely on other platforms right now. Sadly, bookings are at an all time low for sure in this area. I personally feel that the Winter Release of Guest Favorites has hurt many Hosts as well in the rankings. 

Terrie48
Level 2
Aransas Pass, TX

I’m in Coastal South Texas and just completed my first year as a host. 
summer bookings were phenomenal. No rest but November was sad and December has been awful. Zero bookings this month which surprised me especially for Christmas and New Year’s. Thankfully I have a 40 day reservations starting January 2st. Some winter Texans. I’m confident things will improve with warmer temperatures,

Don't count on it.  I hope for your sake that is the case but man...  Good luck.

Muslim4
Level 8
Almaty, Kazakhstan

I am in Almaty, Kazakhstan. This is also my first year of hosting. November was active, however October brought only one booking. December is something in between, I already got two guests, but now needed to significantly decrease the price by applying promotions to attract more. It is despite the mountain ski/skate season has started recently, visa free mode with China were activated, and the new cheap Delhi - Almaty flight launched not long ago. I can see there are more tourists now coming to our city, so hope there will be more bookings during Christmas/NY period.    

Jackie41
Level 3
San Jose, CA

Very  slow for Arnold, CA. Not the norm for me in my 7 years of hosting.

Deanna216
Level 3
Irvine, CA

Our property is seasonal…on the beach of Ixtapa, Mexico…From December through April its gphigh season and we are booked! Later it slows way down. 

I host beach villas in South India and yes it's been quiet. Domestic travel picked up in the last few weeks of Dec 23 . International guests was minimal compared to last year . 

Andrew1991
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

I am shutting down my 4th listing I've operated for 6 years with over 18,000 nights booked.  This ship has sailed.  Long term rentals is our pivot now.

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

@Andrew1991  that's a lot of days, 49 years worth of days in fact lol 

Shayla9
Level 2
Eugene, OR

Since my listing is suspended, everything is quite calm.