Messages Missing?

Answered!
Alison795
Level 2
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom

Messages Missing?

Hey,

I’m in the UK and due to Brits being stuck here with nowhere to go,  I have been really busy. When anyone books I always message quickly with a brief ‘welcome’ and questions about any dietary restrictions ( I provide breakfast) and asking for a rough ETA as I try to avoid self check in as it is our home.

Recently, I have had a swathe of people who don’t reply. I don’t know if they are not seeing my message post-booking or if I just attract very lackadaisical  guests! I offer flexible check in times but cannot always wait in all day for someone to rock up. It has happened so many times now I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Ali 

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Alison795  Some guests don't know to turn their notifications on so they aren't aware they have a new message. Others simply ignore them or take their sweet time getting back to you.

You have their phone number. Call or text them asking them to please answer your Airbnb message ASAP. And to turn notifications on.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Alison795  Some guests don't know to turn their notifications on so they aren't aware they have a new message. Others simply ignore them or take their sweet time getting back to you.

You have their phone number. Call or text them asking them to please answer your Airbnb message ASAP. And to turn notifications on.

Alison795
Level 2
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom

Thanks, Sarah. I didn’t even think that some people turn notifications off. 🙄🙄😩

@Alison795  It's not that they turn them off, I don't think, it's that they never turned them on in their account in the first place.

Also something can be going on in a guest's life that means they can't answer. One of my guests was at a retreat where they weren't allowed to use electronic devices, one was camping where there was no wifi or cell signal. They both explained and apologized when they were able to get in touch.