People not reading my listing

People not reading my listing

I have spent time listing all the details and photos to be explicit about my property. Lately, I am having so many people contact me all during the night asking me questions that are all answered on the listing site! It has been so bothersome as this is during work and in the middle of the night. I have not experienced this so often until recently. Now, it seems they want all the information directly from me and not through Airbnb. I am fed up and irritated.  Don’t know what to do but I feel like my personal contact should not be used unless there is a reason that is not answered by Airbnb and my listing. 

5 Replies 5

@Kimberly539  You have 24 hours to respond to an inquiry or request before your Response Rate is affected. So why does it matter what time of day these messages come in? You can set your phone to silence notifications during your sleeping and work hours, and just deal with Airbnb messages in the time of day that suits you best.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Maybe they want to know if you are a responsive host? Also, many guests dont read listings. I imagine 8 guests 9 beds might cause questions. My queries usually come in the evening, normally as soon as I have dinner on my plate. I guess because that is when they do their searching. I have stopped sleeping with the phone in the room as messages wake me. They can wait. Your listing looks like the perfect beach trip for a group. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kimberly539 There is no reason for you to be receiving and responding to guest communications "all during the night". I turn my ringers off at night when I go to sleep and deal with messages in the morning. 

And you can create a saved message to send-"Hi XX, I am more than happy to answer questions, but all the questions you asked can be answered simply by thoroughly reading through my listing description. Once you do that, if you still have questions or need something clarified, feel free to message back. (I don't answer my phone or messages during the night, but will respond ASAP when I wake up.) "

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Kimberly539   Is there a theme to the questions you are receiving?  Are potential guests confused about the space or the location or the amenities?  Looking at your lovely Victorian cottage, you have beautiful pictures but I would have questions about the space.  You have 5 beds in one bedroom and there are no pictures that clarify how that is set up.  If fact, I don't get an accurate picture of how the house is set up for bedrooms and bathrooms.  I think you can add more pictures and add the captions that help people visualize your space.  Your outside pictures are fabulous, though.

Have you ever been a guest on this platform?  I have and sometimes I find the descriptions and pictures to be more marketing oriented than functional.  I need to know how the house works for my party.  Thinking like a guest, imagine looking at your home and trying to picture how the space will work.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Kimberly539 Just a side note because I looked at your listing . . .  Take a look at your bedroom 1 bed configurations... is that correct?