Stollen property

Natalie101
Level 2
London, GB

Stollen property

We have just got back to our home and the tv, sound system and other things have been stollen. It’s obvious someone who has stayed and taken a copy of the key. We have no prof that it was the last guests as our property was unoccupied for a few weeks while we were on honeymoon.... is there any way for Airbnb to help. I feel very vulnerable now. Will be getting all locks changed in the morning. Very upsetting

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Not a great situation to start your marriage with, @Natalie101 .  All Air BNB can do is assess a claim if there is proof of responsibility.  Of course you will file with the police and your insurance, but actually, this is an expensive lesson learned.  You need to be able to control who comes into your property and if you are a remote host or book your home when you are out of town, you need to have a local co-host review the property.  If there had been damage and not theft, you need to address the guest in a timely manner, so you don't want the property to be left until you return.

You might consider a different type of key, such as a remote electronic one.  Some great suggestions aobut what seems to work best.  And/or invest in a keyhole "ring" which allows you to keep tabs of who is coming and going.

Natalie101
Level 2
London, GB

Thanks Linda - our cousin is almost neighbours so they can go around when we are not there.

will have a look at the keys you have suggested. Thanks

police sadly don’t have the time, it’s been reported though. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Natalie101,

Aww I'm so sorry to hear about this, especially as you've just come back from your honeymoon. 

I would still let Airbnb know, if you haven't already, they might be able to give you some pointers on what to do. 

Do not let this ruin your recent trip away and the start to your marriage, although it's horrible and I too would be very upset, the memories you have just created outweigh these material things being stollen. 

This being said, I really hope you get this all sorted and are able to get compensated for the loss. 

Do let us know if you get any more updates.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.