Quick Replies Not Working

Rob7820
Level 2
Dunnellon, FL

Quick Replies Not Working

I have been using quick replies for about 7 years, but for some reason in the past couple weeks, when I click to add them into the message feed, it sends me back into the message without the Quick Reply. 

Is this happening to anyone else? I almost feel like it coincided with the most recent update but can’t be sure. 

I tried deleting the app and reinstalling. I’ve tried all the quick replies with a dozen different guests, and none of them work. It’s costing me so much time not being able to use them. I hope someone has suggestions. 

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Hi @Rob7820 

I'm not having an issue....did you opt in early to the new release? Several hosts have reported bugs with messaging after doing so. Have you tried using a computer as well as your phone?

Are you using the message platter within a certain guest thread and trying to add the Quick Reply with the plus sign and that's what isn't working? I'm assuming you already tried going to your in box and copying and pasting the message instead of using the (+) sign method until this gets resolved.

Be sure to contact Airbnb and report it and have screen shots available to show the problem.

I’m not sure if I opted into the new release—how can I tell? 

Yes, I am in a message thread, press the + button, press Quick Replies, press Use This Reply, and it goes back to the message thread with no additional text. I reported it to Airbnb, sent screenshots, and had to email them a screen recording but they said they can’t see anything but black (even though I click the attachment in their email reply and it opens perfectly) and closed my case. 

I can’t remember if it happens on computer and need to double check.

I’m currently copying and pasting saved messages from my Notes app. 

Hi @Rob7820 

First thing to do is be sure you have logged off Airbnb on ALL devices (phone, computer, iPad/tablet, etc.). Then try:

1. Delete the app on your phone

2. Re-install the app on your phone

3. Log-in using your email (not your phone number or any other login options)

Then see if problem is resolved. If not see below.

To determine if you opted-in to new release (BTW...I suggest you don't):

On Your Phone:

Click menu bottom right

If it still says "Get Early Access" then you haven't opted-in

Joan2709_0-1719761176640.png

Access Quick Replies via All Messages Instead of Guest Message Thread

Suggest you try going to the in box (bottom) and click the 3 horizontal lines at the top (hamburger). Then click Quick Replies. All your Quick replies should appear there. Copy and paste from here to the message thread instead of notes on your phone for now until resolved. 

Joan2709_1-1719761679671.png

Thanks for all the info. I tried all the trouble shooting and still have the problem. It appears I have the early release (which I’d unlike me) Because it says Summer Release Features where you’ve indicated it should say early access. I appreciate the idea for accessing the quick replies, but I’ll still to notes—it seems faster to me. I sure hope they resolve this soon. There’s no way to go back from early release is there?

@Rob7820 

Unfortunately, no way to go back once you opt in. 

Did you get a chance to see if  you have the same problem on a computer?