Slow response from resolution center

Answered!
Julie1467
Level 2
Bellefonte, PA

Slow response from resolution center

Hello,

We recently had guests take the keys with them. After no response to messages, we asked them to pay $50 via Airbnb request feature to replace both the room key (needed a new lock as the key was a skeleton key and no longer made) and the front door keys (multiple for us and other guests). Actual costs (key chain, gas, time, etc, should have been much higher). No response and Airbnb resolution center wouldn't touch it until after another 72hr passed....but we have more guests coming and don't have a key for the bedroom....

So we wait for 72 hours, still no response from guests and Airbnb Resolution is contacted. I'm annoyed, having to upload every receipt (original and replaced as well as website links showing I cannot just purchase a replacement skeleton key....). Another 4 days have passed and still nothing. I'm kind of losing faith in Airbnb resolution for such a simple issue. Any help moving forward? I went through and put exact amounts for items ($75 for missing keys, $10 per towel, $50 for sheets, etc), but I imagine this won't help too much if the resolution center doesn't come through and the guests just ignore the money request again. 

1 Best Answer
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Julie1467 you will have to make the keys regardless. Airbnb will eventually respond. So just make your keys and don’t stress over it too much. Or consider installing a keypad lock so you will never have this issue again. It is more secure anyway as you will be able to change codes between guests

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Julie1467 you will have to make the keys regardless. Airbnb will eventually respond. So just make your keys and don’t stress over it too much. Or consider installing a keypad lock so you will never have this issue again. It is more secure anyway as you will be able to change codes between guests

Tyler330
Level 1
Minnesota, US

I am experiencing the same challenges. Very slow response time (multiple days) and the Airbnb representative is asking me for items that are not even related to my claim. This is especially frustrating because they write “you must respond in 48 hours” in every one of their messages. Yet they do not uphold this same standard. I feel that the customer service has declined significantly in the last year. I’ve also called into support and they weren’t even able to answer my question about resolutions & reviews. Disappointed. May move to HomeAway. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Tyler330 ,

Welcome to the community centre. Have you tried sharing your question on this forum? Perhaps your fellow hosts will be able to help you get a resolution. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines