Trip Length Issues with new upgrade

Answered!
Julie1155
Level 3
Noosa Heads, Australia

Trip Length Issues with new upgrade

Hi,

Since the new changes I've been having issues with 'Trip Length' and 'Length of Stay'.

It is now a lot more difficult to set trip length. Previously it was in the side panel and easy to change and see the trip length setting for any date. Now there are several steps involved and a custom trip length has to be set for any dates that do not fit the standard minimum night setting.

I'm also finding that I can't change the minimum night setting beyond August 2023!? I need to change the length of my minimum night setting during December and January as it is a very busy time and it is very difficult to get cleaners during this period for 2 night stays.

The new update is more time consuming and less flexible when it comes to setting trip length.

Can we please revert back?

Best wishes,
Julie Rees (Superhost since 2016)

1 Best Answer

Hi @Joelle43,

Thank you for the tip. Pro Tools is proving to be a suitable work around, although you need to use Airbnb on a computer and not the iPhone app anymore.

Thanks,

Scott

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Julie1155 

There are a lot of people on the CC experiencing the same problem and same frustration as you and wishing they could revert back.

If it's any consolation, @Bhumika will hopefully confirm that Airbnb are working on the problem

All the best

Joëlle

HiJoëlle, 

Thank you for your response.  Fingers crossed our concerns are being heard.

Best wishes,

Julie

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Julie1155 As Joelle mentioned previously, it is something that the Airbnb teams are working on. 

Please feel free to provide feedback by following these steps :

• Go to Early Access in your hosting menu.
  • Select a feature from the list.
  • Tap or click Share feedback.

Add your feedback and tap or click Submit feedback. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika,

Please can we have an update on this urgent issue? I am now unable to adjust the minimum nights I had set on certain dates before the update. There is no work around for this at all.

Regards,

Scott

Hello @Scott1797 @Julie1155 

A host on the French CC was told to switch on the "pro tools" for her listing which is now available to everyone and is a great feature as it allows you to customise length of stays according to the seasonality of your area.  

She tells me that this has fixed her problem - I really hope that it is as simple as that so please let us know if this works for you too! 

Here is the link that explains the uses of the pro tools:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499?locale=en

Fingers crossed!

Joëlle

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you @Joelle43 for this valuable piece of information! 

@Scott1797 , Did you go ahead and try out this suggestion?

-----

I was just on the phone with Airbnb Customer Service.  I told them about the issue and asked about “pro tools” I was told I already had access to pro tools and it was no help to me.  I originally called them on May 19th and still have not been helped. They are opening another ticket for me but basically I am out of luck until they figure out a way to fix it and over the phone it seemed to have absolutely no time line. Every help person I have spoken to has no idea about the glitch we are experiencing. It’s a total nightmare during my busy season. I should have never signed up for the changes. 

I'm having the same issue, and pro tools doesn't work for me. what changes did you signed up for? I don't recall signing up to anything.

Has your issue been resolved? I still can't update my minimum trip requirement

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Lucy926 @Miranda148 ,

Can you confirm if you have enabled Professional hosting tools in your Account Settings?

I shared a few screenshots in this thread to showcase how Hosts can enable Pro-tools. It would be worth trying again, and checking if you are able to set a Custom trip length after enabling it. As it seems above,  @Scott1797 was able to do so via desktop.

Do keep us posted if this works for you or you need further help!

-----

I already have pro tools (and have had them forever). There is no way of re-enabling the previous option to set a check-in date within a set calendar period. PLEASE can you stress to Airbnb, the developers or tech people or whoever, how annoying this is? 

Hi @Joelle43,

Thank you for the tip. Pro Tools is proving to be a suitable work around, although you need to use Airbnb on a computer and not the iPhone app anymore.

Thanks,

Scott

I have just done this but I am so frustrated that this option has been removed. I am also bewildered as I cannot understand WHY Airbnb would have removed it!  I am now getting people wanting to book, arriving on Christmas Day and New Years' Eve, previously I could avoid this! It's causing me so much extra work and I have to decline booking request after bookign request. WHY, Airbnb?????