Weekday bookings

Weekday bookings

Hello everyone!

I’m concerned about weekday bookings, I haven’t booked anyone...only weekends. Why has that happened? Can anyone help me and can someone can host with me as a team?

[Title and content updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

11 Replies 11
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Ricky-S-Remodeling-LLC0 

First two things I notice iss encouraging 4 people in a 1 bedroom apartment  would  make me worry about quality  and  am  I am  paying  the same rent as 4  when only  me   and  my  husband?

When I see no essentials,  I am thinking no toilet paper, no towels.. no sheets

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ricky-S-Remodeling-LLC0 while fellow Hosts share their suggestions, I wanted to drop in and link a few threads which may be useful to you 😊

Additionally, I'd recommend joining the Local Host Clubs to connect with fellow hosts local to your area. You can get advice, exchange tips and share insights on how bookings are going in your area 🏠

Lastly, If you'd like to, you can ask for feedback on your listing from hosts. 

Check out this guide on how to: Ask for listing critique on the Community Center 🗒

Hope these help!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you so much!!

Joy286
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

@Ricky-S-Remodeling-LLC0 If a good proportion of your guests arrive at an airport then consider any ways you can be flexible with check in or checkout.  Even if that is not possible generally, consider inviting prospective guests to inquire about extended checkin and out if the calendar allows.  I allow checkin from 1 minute past midnight and checkout to one minute before midnight because my cleaning regime allows it.  And I get good bookings with plenty of requests for abnormal checkinout times.  It seems to make a big difference.  And I reckon I gain advantage over my competitors by putting the topic of flexibility in the title.

I know in most cases it is not possible, but keep it in mind.

Hello @Ricky-S-Remodeling-LLC0 !  It was suggested by another Airbnb host to decrease my weekly rate and increase my weekend rate. That actually helped me to receive a lot more week bookings! Hope this helps.  

Ditto Ricky - S, dropping the rate for weekdays helps - also depends on where you are located.

We offer one night stays and also offer short stay discounted cleaning fee.   In our area most stays are longer but we occasionally get 1 night stay requests as we are ‘ on the way’ to places.  Luckily the wineries around us are open 7 days a week which encourages folks to book any available time.

Linda-and-Peter0
Level 4
Magaliesburg, South Africa

Hi Ricky

Our offer is a relaxed get away.  We  have weekly special  stay for 3 nights only pay for 2 nights.  Also if guests book for a weekend stay  min two night s they can stay the Sunday evening at no extra charge.  Both these specials are always on offer which in my opinion makes the difference.  I now do get bookings during the week far from adequate but  every booking helps.  Another market that I am now pursuing is to university students and/or lectors who book our cottages for a week stay to study etc.  The offer is  a 2 nights free on a 7 night booking.     Weekday bookings remain a challenge!   Hope to hear from other hosts 

Hi Linda and Peter, 

You have a couple of very good suggestions.

Thank you.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi all, hope you're well. Just wanted to drop in to say thank you so much for your suggestions 😊

I also wanted to share a quick tip for navigating our community: always tag the member you're responding to. This ensures they get a notification of your message. You can do this by using the @ symbol and selecting the user from the drop-down menu 😎

Thank you once again, appreciate your insights and tips! 🙏🏽@Ricky-S-Remodeling-LLC0 @Linda-and-Peter0 @Kim2857 @Latetia0 @Jennifer4554 @Kim2857 @Lillian183 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Karl1306
Level 2
Mansfield, CT

Id try lowering your weekday pricing, What I have also seen work is to run a pricing promotion, this allows airbnb to include your listing as promotion pricing in emails to people looking at that area. I would also allow late bookings and same day bookings, you can bring your night minimums down to single night if you want. Id also try to have more amenities for guest, coffee etc. You want your listing on the first page, if you run it well it will be. Professional pictures, professionally designing rooms/decor those are huge for success and people under estimate them.