What to do if upcoming guest has a bad review.

Mara1118
Level 2
Rochester, NY

What to do if upcoming guest has a bad review.

Hello! 

I am new to Airbnb and this is the latest review on who will be my second guest ever: “Very disappointed, would not welcome her again”... I’m torn between wanting ask the guest why she got that review (is this at all possible?) and trying to give her a second chance or just walking away from a potential problem when im just getting started in this whole endeavor (my very first guest has yet to even arrive). 

Can i ask the other host about the reasons for her review or the guest herself? Not sure what to do. 

I do have Instant Booking activated.

Also, does the “Recommended by other Hosts” requirement deter your ranking or bookings? 

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Mara1118  Welcome to hosting. It's a shame your question never got answered but looks like you got it all sorted. You've had a few stays now and great reviews! If doing instant book, it is good to adjust settings to require positive reviews and recommendations from other hosts. This does not negatively affect anything.

Hello and thank you! 

yeah, I decided to give the guest a shot, which also ended up working against me as she canceled the night before arriving and claimed extenuating circumstances so I also lost the income and obviously the chance to get the place rented. 

I will turn on that setting.