optional service, surcharge, fee for commercial filming and photography.

Jeremy698
Level 2
Ras Al-Khaimah, United Arab Emirates

optional service, surcharge, fee for commercial filming and photography.

Is there a way to have an optional service, surcharge, fee for commercial filming and photography. So it needs to be an option they can select and a fee we can choose. Applied to different listings / parts of the house.

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jeremy698 My view is that Airbnb should stick to being a short term accommodation rental site. There are other websites available for people who want to rent out their property for filming.

Jeremy698
Level 2

But it has the option to allow filming and photography. You don't have to switch it on.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes I saw they have added this option . Personally I wouldn't accept these bookings through Airbnb but if you want to use it then go ahead. I'm not sure whether you can a different pricing but ask Airbnb they should be able to advise @Jeremy698 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jeremy698 ! Hope the comments from Mike and Helen have helped you in contemplating how to proceed with the idea of allowing commercial filming at your property.

How is it going for you? Did you happen to reach out to Airbnb Customer Support team as Helen suggested?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jeremy698
Level 2

Hi Bhumika, I didnt contact them yet, but would love to talk to them.

J

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Airbnb is a website for residential not commercial accommodation. @Jeremy698 

If you want to accept filming at your property you need a proper filming contract/copies of their liability insurance/clear information on how your property will be used, how many will stay/be there during their stay and they have appropriate permissions from whoever gives them in your country .

Booking through Airbnb would offer you no protection. Register with film location companies.

Jeremy698
Level 2

I am a film producer / location manager. It is my property.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jeremy698 so you don't need any permission/charge from anyone then - I am confused

Jeremy698
Level 2

I have my home as a location but also have hundreds of other locations in my database, also crew, actors and props. Maybe you are interested. filmservices.me do you work in the film industry?