Pets

Answered!
Demetrea0
Level 2
Ellicott City, MD

Pets

My home is pet friendly. I allow 2 dogs for a pet fee. But I have come to find out that people come with pets and don't pay the pet fee. How do I handle that situation? 

1 Best Answer

Hi @Demetrea0 it is important to manage the situation carefully and professionally as an Airbnb host when guests bring pets without paying the designated pet fee. Here's what I can recommend.

1. Ensure that your Airbnb listing clearly states your pet policy, including the pet fee, the number of pets allowed, and any specific rules or requirements for pets.

2. When a guest books your property, send a message reiterating your pet policy and the associated fee. Ask them to confirm if they are bringing any pets.

3. If you discover that a guest has brought a pet without paying the fee, document this with photographs if possible and send a message to the guest through the Airbnb platform. Politely remind them of your pet policy and request that they pay the fee.

4. If the guest refuses to pay the pet fee, you can use Airbnb’s Resolution Center to request payment. Provide all necessary documentation and communication to support your claim.

5. If pet-related issues are a recurring problem, you might want to include a refundable security deposit in your listing. This can cover any extra cleaning or damage caused by pets. But this may be your last option and always make sure to disclose this to your Airbnb listing and get Airbnb support's insight about this. Hope this helps! 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi @Demetrea0 it is important to manage the situation carefully and professionally as an Airbnb host when guests bring pets without paying the designated pet fee. Here's what I can recommend.

1. Ensure that your Airbnb listing clearly states your pet policy, including the pet fee, the number of pets allowed, and any specific rules or requirements for pets.

2. When a guest books your property, send a message reiterating your pet policy and the associated fee. Ask them to confirm if they are bringing any pets.

3. If you discover that a guest has brought a pet without paying the fee, document this with photographs if possible and send a message to the guest through the Airbnb platform. Politely remind them of your pet policy and request that they pay the fee.

4. If the guest refuses to pay the pet fee, you can use Airbnb’s Resolution Center to request payment. Provide all necessary documentation and communication to support your claim.

5. If pet-related issues are a recurring problem, you might want to include a refundable security deposit in your listing. This can cover any extra cleaning or damage caused by pets. But this may be your last option and always make sure to disclose this to your Airbnb listing and get Airbnb support's insight about this. Hope this helps! 

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Demetrea0 

This is definitely something that's discussed often on the CC. You might check out our recent Tip of the Week post about it>> https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Tip-of-the-Week-16-Have-a-clear-pet-polic...

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines