Dear (1st time) AirBnB guest: No, you cannot check in drunk at 12:30 a.m. with an unregistered additional person

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

Dear (1st time) AirBnB guest: No, you cannot check in drunk at 12:30 a.m. with an unregistered additional person

I'll keep it short. That's what they did (or tried to do.) I asked them to leave. They left. I got AirBnB involved. I had video and lock access records as evidence. My check-in times are from 5:00-10:00 pm. Customer service was actually kind of decent. I'm trying to figure out two things:

Can I mention that they were drunk, or will that get my review pulled?

(They drove to my place drunk, which is completely unacceptable.) The additional person was totally baked but had not been drinking - he drove separately- and I offered to let them leave a car so he could drive them elsewhere, just FYI. He was the bartender at the bar where they had been drinking all night, and they somehow felt it was acceptable to bring him to my property. 

How can I figure out, down to the very last minute, when I can leave a review? Seriously, to the minute. Is it 14 days exactly from my check-out time, or the time I receive the email about reviewing the guest, which is 3-4 hours after check-out? 

The "guest" is radio silent for the time being. Customer service actually mentioned that she said she was sorry. Could that be true? I don't really know. It's possible. 

And yes, I do accepts guests who are new to AirBnB with no reviews. The majority of them are great guests and conclude their stay with absolutely no problems. Everybody has to start somewhere. Besides, it's established guests with experience on AirBnB who know how to pull the shenanigans. 

17 Replies 17
Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

If anyone is still following.....here is my proposed review. Edits encouraged and welcome! Tagging a few of you known-to-be-excellent editors: @Colleen253 @Laura2592  @Emilia42 

"Lisa’s first AirBnB reservation was not a good experience for me. She failed to respond to an inquiry as to her arrival time, and never responded to subsequent messages on the day of arrival. She then showed up at 12:30 am ( I allow check-in from 5:00-10:00 pm) the following morning, with a stranger (unregistered guest) who was not welcome on my property. He turned out to be the bartender at a local distillery who accompanied Lisa and the other guest to “make sure they arrived safely.” Given these two violations of house rules (and common decency) I asked Lisa and her guest to leave. She asked for a refund the following day. I cannot recommend Lisa as a guest."

@Kia272  I think you could distill that review down a bit, as the less we say, while still

getting the point across, the better (to ensure  a review will ‘stick.’)

"Lisa’s first AirBnB reservation was not a good experience for me. Communication was very poor. An unruly check in, with an unregistered  guest, was attempted in the wee hours of the morning, well past my 10 p.m. cutoff.  Thus, I asked Lisa and her guest to leave. She asked for a refund the following day. I cannot recommend Lisa as a guest."

@Colleen253  I like it! 

I may still include "Given these violations of house rules (and common decency) I asked Lisa and her guest to leave" to replace your "Thus, I asked Lisa and her guest to leave."

I like mentioning common decency because it emphasizes human to human interaction, rather than some "rules" at a stranger's house.