Winter Release Q&A session

Awaiting Payment

Answered!
Slawomir0
Level 3
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Awaiting Payment

Hi all

It is happen second time I have accepted booking request and then it shows Awaiting Payment anyone had similar problem?
Thanks

Top Answer
Slawomir0
Level 3
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

When you go to 'your reservations' in first column 'status' always you got in green color 'accepted' instead that I got in yellow 'awaiting payment'.

My understanding of process of payment is when the guests send me booking request Airbnb checking they card details and if everything is ok send to me booking request. There are only 2 options scam or airbnb has faulty payment system . I use other website to get a booking and never happen something like this. if I accepted payment/booking request all is ok.

View Top Answer in original post

99 Replies 99
Meetal0
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

will AirBnb ever respond to this ?

Tara63
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Same problem here - a guest booked last minute this morning for a week - am now "awaiting payment" with no idea if she's coming or not, dates blocked, and I can't undo it.  

Hey Air Bnb - HELP.  

Gisele18
Level 1
Sammamish, WA

Yes, if only it were true. Very frustrating that the Help section indicates, falsely, that the system will automatically cancel the booking after 24 hours. 

Unfortunately,  I have a booking request blocking up the calendar with "Awaiting Payment" long after the 24 hours automatic cancellation. It's been more than 48 hours and yet the system didn't cancel the reservation request. The calendar dates appear as booked even though they're still "Awaiting Payment". I cannot seem to remove or cancel this request myself. 

Help! I have been in discussion with my guest for 3 or 4 days now and they have booked for a month - I can't take any other bookings, I can't find any solutions, this is a real pain... Airbnb, where are you in my hour of need?

I get the impression that AirBnB isn't checking this forum. Many of us with the same problem. Very frustrating.

Call Customer service 

1-855-424-7262

They were very helpful 

We have to demand they cancel the reservation if payment don't go through. 

Thanks. Will do.

It worked! I called and AirBnB cancelled the booking request.

You wish. They wil never cancel and you wil never sell those days.

Karin2
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Does anyone know if the full address will be shown to guests when status is 'awaiting payment'?

Please respond if you expereinced that guests did receive full address without completing payment (this would concern me as people with 'other' intentions can locate you this way).

No.  When you look at your messages, you will see that you can't even send in check-in instructions when status shows "Awaiting Payment" for the guest. 

Luc45
Level 1
Windsor, Canada

I am facing a similar situation with 'awaiting payment' status. First time encountering this issue and the guest booked within 24 hours of check in time and requested to check in earlier than the posted time. I agreed to it. 

Reached out to Airbnb via the contact page and requested a call from them. The representative advised me that I will receive payment if the guest stays. I confirmed with the representative that I will receive payment even if the status shows as 'awaiting payment' and it is on Airbnb's end to get the payment from the customer. They notated the information on my account and I acquired a case number from the representative.

Despite this, I am still hesitant about the entire situation. The resolution so far appears to be canceling the reservation rather than following through. I will attempt to follow through with the reservation and find out what the outcome is and will update this post accordingly 🙂

MerveandArifandEmre0
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

Hello all, one visitor made a booking yesterday. However the status on payment is awaiting and my dates were blocked for her. I asked her to complete booking payment but she told me she didnt make the booking by herself, she surprised and she wanted to cancel it. I couldnt cancel it, any another airbnb visitor would not able to book the dates because of closed dates.I couldnot see details of booking like reference code. After 24 hours later, airbnb emailed me they couldnt charge the booking fee and they released my dates. I dont know If there is hacked situation or because of local credit card, it makes trouble for hosts..Since 2013 I am a host at airbnb and it happens recently a lot. This should be change by authorized airbnb officers. Because we lose pottential visitors. 24 hours is a lot to check the payment. It should be max two hours or at the beginning of booking the systems should check the credit cards, if there is not any limit on cards, the system should not allow visitors to book the room at the first moment.They should get warning at the first place. After airbnb charges the fee we as hosts should get confirmation as it is accepted. Hope airbnb team can hear us and find a better solution for the better system. 

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

I had this problem last night and will probably have to call Airbnb today to get it fixed. It turns pout the guest trying to book had a disposable credit card, I assume that's why it didn't work(and it shouldn't). It should have refused the reservation up front though, blocking the calendar is ridiculous.

Think when I call Airbnb I'm going to bring up how it's not "just and fair" of them to behave like this...