AirBnB Leasehold on New Build

David4066
Level 1
Liskeard, United Kingdom

AirBnB Leasehold on New Build

Hi there all, first time users in need of some solid advice. 

I AirBnB my home which is a new build detached house and I’m concerned whether I am in breach of my lease also my neighbours don’t seem to like me erarning some extra cash and expect a family in it. I own the property however I’ve had to take a lease from Persimmon Homes when I purchased. I’ve done some online research and effectively it’s down to what the lease says and how it’s worded. There’s no refrence to any restrictions on letting as a holiday let or buisnesss. The only clause ref ‘use’ is the following: ‘To use the Property only as a single private dwelling’ It will never change use and will always remain a single private dwelling (no reference to who’s dwelling) I don’t see an isssue with this going by what legal text and interpretation has to say about the meaning. 

Any thoughts??

thank you guys : )

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

When you advertise to the public, it is no longer private, IMO, @David4066 .  I am not a real estate attorney, but I would think seeking professional consultation would be warranted.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @David4066 

I agree go back to the solicitor you used when you bought your property and ask for their advice.