Airbnb Outage with Co Host feature

SleepOver-Brisbane0
Level 5
New Farm, Australia

Airbnb Outage with Co Host feature

Hi,

I’ve seen on Facebook groups over the past few days, hosts reporting that their co host does not receive guest messages.

Today this occurred for me, where a guest booked today for today & rang time find out how to get into the property.

The guest had a confirmed reservation in the host account, but no message, email / notification to us as co host.

As nothing was received via my co host account, my Channel Manager also does not have this as a booking.

Besides not receiving messages + therefore not sending any to guests, the flow on effect is that changeovers are not scheduled (potentially having properties unclean when new guests arrive) + income data is not available for reporting.

Disaster is an understatement.

I co host over 30 properties in Brisbane Australia.

Airbnb Lv 1 support were very aware of this outage, however no work around or timeline of when fix will be implemented.

Anyone else able to share their experience of this, how long it has been occurring for them & how they are managing their properties?

Thanks in advance 

Craig

3 Replies 3

Hi - this happened to me yesterday but luckily owner of the property alerted me. I reported it but nothing has been sorted yet. 
Also previous bookings are just showing as blocked on my calendar - with no guest details. Again reported - Airbnb said they were having a few glitches. We’ll see - it’s a pain! 
Mary

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What did Airbnb say when you spoke to them about it @SleepOver-Brisbane0 

Normal stuff @Helen3 ....technicians are working on it 😉

I find it difficult to believe that Airbnb do not communicate with (in this case) Hosts / Co Hosts of an issue + updates to when it is fixed.

The poor level 1 CS reps are left bearing the phone calls + messages

Call + message volume would increase...regardless of the issue...communication would reduce ABB's expense!

Crazy.