Automatic booking confirmation?

Answered!

Automatic booking confirmation?

Hi all, I'm still very new to airbnb and slightly confused by something. Until now, every time I received a booking, I was sent a request, which I then manually pre-approved. Today however, I've just received an instant booking confirmation via e-mail, for which I had no prior notice of, or option to decline. Does anybody know how this could have occured - a change in my settings perhaps?

Thanks for any help.

Wendy

1 Best Answer
Mia15
Level 2
Coral Gables, FL

You must have switched to instant booking. I believe no approval on your end is required to confirm booking.

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Mia15
Level 2
Coral Gables, FL

You must have switched to instant booking. I believe no approval on your end is required to confirm booking.

Thank you! Do you know how I check or change that?

Wendy

Host>Manage Listing>Booking>Who Can Book Instantly

Change it to : No one. Guests who meet Airbnb’s requirements must wait for your response.

Surriya0
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

Thanks it was driving me crazy!:)

Under Host, there is no Manage Listing

Yes, how did  i become a part of automatic booking? if i am please cancell imeadiately.

I want to cancell automatic booking as i have never agreed to be part of it.

Peter312
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I was wanting to make a provisional booking request for a month! Didnt know the exact dates yet since I still have not booked my flights. It stated YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED FOR THIS BOOKING. But now all of a sudden the entire amount has been deducted fron my credit card: This is USD 3500. Canceling is 50% fee... I really dont know what to do and have asked the host who also doesn t understand... I am quite upset ... is there a way out???

Hi Peter, where you ever able to resolve this issue?

Same here, I NEVER agreed to automatic bookings and out of the blue I received a confirmation for a 4 night booking during a week where we require 7 nights.  Now I am being dinged for cancelling.  There is no support available like on VRBO.  This stinks.

Rosie121
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Same here!!! I NEVER AGREED to this!!! I think airbnb is actually doing it to drum up activity which has been low here. It is fraudulent!!

Dale-And-Paul0
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

Airbnb has been making many changes without informing us.  I have been using instant book for about 6 months and have liked it because it simplified the reservation process.  With instant book we had the option to decline any one for any reason.  Now that option is gone.  We now have to call to have them decline a guest.  They are taking away all of our protection, they are forcing us to not decline gusests.

Definitely a problem.  I would'nt be surprised if they are turning on instant book without asking.

My thoughts exactly!!  .... I NEVER AGREED to this!!! I think airbnb is actually doing it to drum up activity which has been low here. It is fraudulent!!