Bookings

Eileen106
Level 1
Chester, United Kingdom

Bookings

Can friends and family book my accommodation for guests who don’t have an Airbnb account ? 

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Eileen106 ,

"We require Airbnb reservations booked for personal travel to be booked by the person who's going to stay at the listing."

Quoted from: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member

Hope this helps, Emiel

@Eileen106 they are not supposed to do that.

And you would not want that to happen either.

Knowing who is staying on your property is important; if you let people book for "friends and family", you will have no idea who is staying with you.

The guests need to set up their own AirBnB account.

It is a bit of trouble to set up an account, but do you really want to hosts guests who aren't even willling to do the minimum necessary to book with you?

Thanks for replies. I would not accept anyone who does not have an account and advise anyone who is interested in booking for friend or family of the rules. However while waiting for replies regarding setting up an account. Airbnb consider that because you have not accepted or declined within the time limit your response rating goes down. Which seems unfair for the host who is following the rules.