Co-hosting

Co-hosting

This is probably a really dumb question, but . . . . Currently I am listed as the Airbnb host for the space which my wife and I use to host guests. I want her to have access to the Airbnb app so that either of us (not just me) can manage bookings etc. How do we both become joint or co-hosts or is that not possible?

60 Replies 60
Susan466
Level 5
New Jersey, United States

I had to do this as well - you don't need to remove her, but rather change the 'shared earnings' under Management > Co-hosts.

I "turned off shared earnings"  then turned it back on and updated with the new rate info.
Hope that helps!

I'm leaving on vacation in a few days and still trying to figure out co-hosting. I have 2 properties. My person signed up and now it only shows 1 property, not the other. So I'm guessing I need to invite her for the other property? Second, will she then get notified when someone wants to reserve, by text and email? I'm guessing she will but want to know I am covered while I'm gone. If you've been doing this please give me some answers! Much appreciated.

Susan466
Level 5

Hi Nancy,
I am a newbie as well, but have signed up a family member to co-host -- he lives closer to the property.  He and I both get texts and emails for all inquiries and other communications.  You'll just need to be clear with your co-host about who will be answering these in your absence.  I think you are right about needing to invite them to the second property.  Also, make sure their info is entered into the payout section for the listing so their cut of the income goes to them.
Hope you have a great trip!

Thank you for the information. This tells me exactly what I needed to know. Now I can go on vacation and not worry that reservation requests will go unanswered! 

Susan431
Level 1
Charlottesville, VA

I have been an airbnb host for 3 years and recently got my daughter to become a host. She lives 4 miles from me and has a rural setting like mine. I am wondering if it is beneficial to us to co-host or are we competely without intending to?

I see her instant bookings and I think she sees mine as well. She is new this year and enjoying it. I just wonder if because we have separate properites that we should list separately?

Mondosol0
Level 2
Hønefoss, Norway

Hi you can give your credentials (username and password) to your wife so she can access your account. And you can add your name in the point of contact so she can call Airbnb. If you invite her as a co host she needs to create another Airbnb account.

Elio Mondosol
Dean-and-Sue0
Level 2
Motueka, New Zealand

I set up a new Email Address for Air BNB and new pass word. I did this after i joined ABNB. You can change email address.

I then added new email adress to my partners computor and the app. to her phone. We now share all the information and can make changes.

Dean & Sue

Eleni33
Level 1
Thessaloniki, Greece

Dear all,

i am a host since almost 2 year snow, it is my dad's property, i was only managing it, but now i want to add him as a co-host, so i don't have to manage this listing anymore, but i don't want to delete it either. As i understood, he has to make a airbnb account himself. And then he could manage the same listing as me, but he won't have access to my account, correct? becaus i also book airbnbs, etc... i don't want any access to my account for any reason. Is this OK?

Cory12
Level 2
Reno, NV

It is not dumb question

Cory
Aana0
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi. I am a host in Malaysia. The other day, I included my friend as a co host and set for a percentage that she should receive. But I decided that I need to receive the full amount first in order to pay for the rent and utilities. The amount left should be devided between the two of us. The problem is, I have yet to receive the other half of the portion that I am supposed to receive if I had not set the co host payout settings. Please help. Anyone have encountered this?

Susan466
Level 5

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure you have to switch off the sharing of fees, then turn it back on in order to make changes.  Also, the payout doesn't come until the guest is nearing the end of the booking (https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/304/where-do-i-find-information-about-my-payouts).

We have a co-host and decided (for various reasons) to put all the payout in our account, then pay the co-host his percentage monthly ourselves.  The transaction history helps us track those amounts.

Hope that helps.

Mari57
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

this is sort of related to your query...

I would like to add a second listing to my existing co-host's responsibilities but seem unable. is the same co-host not allowed to help manage more than one listing? 

Anna640
Level 1
Bondi, Australia

Hi, my friend has added me as co host and would like to make me the primary host. Can't seem to work out how to do it. What steps does my friend need to follow to do this? Thanks Anna

Yong5
Level 1
Denver, CO

Hello,  i am in Denver area. I have been hosting my properties for 8 year or so in Metro Denver area. I would like to help others' co hosting . For example, if you need help when you are out. Please let me know . Thanks. 

Yong5
Level 1
Denver, CO

I am looking co host in Guilin, China. Are there any person who interested in ?