Couple booking for an experience - only counted as one?

Answered!
Roland353
Level 2
Tokyo, JP

Couple booking for an experience - only counted as one?

Hello all,

Relatively new to hosting Airbnb experiences and just want to get some feedback if anyone has been in a similar situation.

I recently got a booking for one of my experiences, but from the Airbnb profile it looks like a couple's account.

However, my hosting platform shows that I only have one guest booked.

While I can easily lower the maximum number of guests for the experience to accommodate 2 people, I am wondering if I will be only be getting payment for 1 guest as opposed to two?

Do I have to contact the guest separately to ask if they will pay for the extra person?

Thanks in advance!

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Roland353  Many couples have joint accounts but might not always travel together.

Yes, you should messge the guest and ask politely if he entered the correct number of guests on the booking- will it only be him coming, and if not, he needs to amend the booking to account for any guests beyond one.

At this point you can't ask him to pay for an extra person because you haven't established yet if he is intending on coming alone.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Roland353  Many couples have joint accounts but might not always travel together.

Yes, you should messge the guest and ask politely if he entered the correct number of guests on the booking- will it only be him coming, and if not, he needs to amend the booking to account for any guests beyond one.

At this point you can't ask him to pay for an extra person because you haven't established yet if he is intending on coming alone.