Difficult guest - breaking house rules!

Andres11
Level 2
Pereira, Colombia

Difficult guest - breaking house rules!

Good morning Airbnb community!
I have a guest that's very problematic. The other day she arrived to the property with a guy and they were both very drunk, so I didn't allow the guy to come into the property because he wasn't included in the reservation and also for security reasons.
Yesterday the same story repeated, when I noticed it I went and told her, but the guy ran into the house and closed the door. She was surprised and drunk so I complained and let her know once more what are the rules she accepted when the booking was made. 

I don't know how to deal with it, she's been here for 3 nights and will stay a total of eleven. She's always sorry the day after, but when the alcohol is in her head she forgets all about it. 

Please I want to hear some advice. 

Greetings, 

Andres!

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If your situation I would contact BNB and ask for their help to ask the guest to leave. Tell them your feel unsafe because she is returning drunk and  bringing back guests who are also drunk into your home although you have asked her not to. And it is against your house rules.

You already alerted to her the first time she let in an unathourised guest that she had broken your rules, and she did it again the following night.

It sounds like she may have alcohol related issue.

Insist with BNB that they cancel her reservation so you can ask her to leave (if she doesn't leave by herself).

I do hope you reinforced your discussions through BNB messaging to make sure there is a record. 

You have ten listings so really should be very familiar with how BNB works and what to do if there are issues with guests breaking your house rules.

Contact details if you don't have them 1st Post. Community Help Forum.

Good luck

Triona0
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

That's unacceptable. She is flouting your house rules and that guy running in and shutting the door is just downright rude (and trespassing).

Contact airbnb and list the events, and take their advice - but she is breaking the house rules so I'd imagine they can cancel the reservation.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

I agree with @Triona0 and @Helen3

You definitely get airbnb to intervene. 

Trespassing is punishable by law - did you mention that ?