Edit payment method. Stolen card.

Matthew671
Level 1
Houma, LA

Edit payment method. Stolen card.

Hey, guys! I'm panicking a little bit, and need an answer.

I reserved my Airbnb for Norway a month and a half ago, and check in is April 25th. I chose the pay partial up-front, pay rest later option...The card that I did this with was stolen about a week ago. I locked it of course, but I had to cancel it and get a new card sent to me. This Airbnb can't be canceled, we have our whole trip centered around staying where we will be staying. There has to be a fix to this? Can I just add this new card to payment methods, and somehow switch the card for the current Airbnb? It's the same account obviously..just a different card number. The last one is invalid now.

Thanks up-front!

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Matthew671,

Maybe contact Airbnb for best solution and to prevent future trouble (like loosing the reservation due to no payment made) ?:

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Matthew671 I had the exact same situation last year where the credit card used for the first payment had to be replaced by the bank due to fraud.  Here's what will happen: 

Approximately two weeks prior to the check in date, when the second payment is due, Airbnb will try to charge the credit card you originally used. 

Once the payment is declined, Airbnb will send you an email to ask you to provide a different payment method with a link to enter the information. 

Once you supply the new payment method info Airbnb will charge it for the second payment. 

Don't worry...it is very easy!

Hope this helps!

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Matthew671

Just add your new card as the primary payment method.