Experiences

Answered!
Shaunie1
Level 2
Winters, CA

Experiences

I want to host an experience.  I filled out the forms, but can not figure out if I was accepted or not.  Or if my experience will be out there as a choice. 

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Shaunie1

You could try contacting the Experiences Team at Experiences@airbnb.com.  There inbox is monitored from 9am - 8pm PST Monday - Friday and they will do their best to respond to all emails within 12 hours.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

23 Replies 23
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Shaunie1

You could try contacting the Experiences Team at Experiences@airbnb.com.  There inbox is monitored from 9am - 8pm PST Monday - Friday and they will do their best to respond to all emails within 12 hours.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks for the advice Dave and Deb, I did connect with the experiences team and moving forward with my first experience. 

Shaunie *** 

I keep sending a request to that email and I get a notification back that my email is not being received.  😞

Does anyone know who Austin's city co-ordinator is?

Janice1
Level 6
Tamaterau, New Zealand

@Shaunie1

Hello from New Zealand.  

Have you managed to host experiences?  What will your experience entail.  I took a look at your profile and your focus looks similar to mine.

Best Regards

Janice

Hello from California,  

I'm working with airbnb to refine the details of my experiences.  At this time airbnb experiences are only offered in a few large cities, so I am planning to make my first experience in San Francisco.  We will start the day at the farmers mkt. then go to a kitchen close by and prepare a meal together.  I'm still working out the details, eventually I would like to host experiences at my 2 acre city farm in Winters, CA.  located about an hour north of San Francisco.  I'm really into food, and sharing the benefits of a whole food, mostly plants lifestyle, gardening (with permaculture values) and art, to name a few of my areas of expertise. 

Another super exciting area I would love to share with the world is a Mendocino Experience, fishing, foraging, and cooking together. 

Tell me more about you!  

Shaunie *** (shinyshaunie)

Janice1
Level 6
Tamaterau, New Zealand

Thanks for your reply

I run a four guest B&B on 2 acres.  Food production is my primary focus for my 2 acres.  My aim is to implement cost conscience, natural processers in my pasture and garden practise.  I am very interested in animal welfare and reducing my footprint on the planet. 

Many of my guests have purchased evening meals that have ingredients  from home or locally grown.  I offer vegetarian, beef (home grown grass fed) or chicken (local free range).  Everyone wants to try my beef!    There are local government regulations I am mindful of when operating my B&B.

I would like to promote a Food & Fibre experience on Airbnb or Farm to plate/wardrobe.   I am also developing a website, Facebook page and fliers as well.   

I really hope Airbnb offers all their services to those in the regions because traditional tourist attractions are simply at capacity in New Zealand.  Also, our main centre’s infrastructure and housing is under pressure.   Reducing overcrowding is needed to avoid negative impacts to tourists and local communities.  One solution implemented in New Zealand, to deal with the above fore mentioned issues, is developing the regions. For example, the local and central authorities have invested in some pretty significant projects to develop Ngaruawahia’s nature reserves and parks.  My last guests utilized the 1500 steps to take in the view from the summit of the Hakarimata Ranges.  The conditions were right for another group of guests to take a night walk in the park and enjoy a fantastic “glow worm” display.

Davina2
Level 2
Mauritius

i want to host an experience but while filing the form nor my country nor the city is in the list? Can i get and advice of the next step, Thank you.

My town is also not on the list but there is a place to list your town and airbnb will get back to you - on https://www.airbnb.com/host/experiences

Ilan1
Level 5
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Thanks!!

no one from airbnb experince will help you, they offer no real advise or tips on how you can be accepted. If its not available in your area then you are left wondering will it be, dont bother asking as they will not reply.

you can spend a lot of time preparing your expereince only to find they decline it without an explantation.

While your guest and you might not understand why beacsue you know that your guest will love the experince. l have taken my guest personally on my experience and they were the ones that said l should do this, but airbnb did not see the attraction.

in my experience on what is accepted seems very young focused, like walking around bars at night, icing cakes, looking at how icecream is made, yoga and so on, there is no real focus for the over 50 market.

It comes back to the team in the US having good judgement and understanding your environment and what appeals to the market you are offering the experience to. Hit and miss, talking to the wall l feel.

they send a std mail back so you are left wondering what actaully is not right for this experience and there is no one you can talk to. Try expedia.

Charles151
Level 1
Petaluma, CA

Shaunie, where did you find the link for filling out the application and "forms"?

Charles

thank you for this link. My area (Adirondack Mountains of NY) isnt open yet for experiences but I have plenty of ideas

Julia310
Level 1
Venice, Italy

Offering an experience in Florence Italy which seems to be the first Italian pilot city for experiences --curious as to how Airbnb verifies and regulates these offerings? When I've rented my home they come to take photos and verfy that what I show and write