Failed verification on 'Trips' despite successful payment

Kevin453
Level 1
Jakarta, Indonesia

Failed verification on 'Trips' despite successful payment

Hello, I'm Kevin, this is my first experience using Airbnb, but i do feel uncomfortable with it because i have tried to book a listing, which was already pre-approved by the host, when i proceed to payment, there was an error somehow so when i retried to click 'complete booking' it said that 'you have already submit that request'.

Finally, my booking is not registered although my credit card had been charged. I cannot find my booking in 'Trips' it said that just failed verification and when i click that nothing happens just go back to homepage.

Please help!

Big thanks.

18 Replies 18

Hi @Kevin453   This is a host forum that is not monitored by Airbnb. Try redoing your verifications or  Contact Airbnb directly.  I recommend Twitter or FB for fast reply. You can also contact your credit card company aswell and challenge the debit as invalid charge if all else fails.

I suggest not doing a chargeback and letting customer support help resolve the issue. If you do a chargeback, you are at risk of having your account banned.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kevin453,

Welcome to the Community Center.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I was wondering if you've already been in contact with Airbnb as advised by @Ange2

Would you be able to let us know the outcome?  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Khaled21
Level 1
Yalova, Turkey

Hi, I'm Khaled and I'm having the same problem as @Kevin453 's.

I've contacted Airbnb basied on @Ange2 advise and I'm waiting for thier response.

Avinash2
Level 2
Pune, India

I have also faced the same problem, just messaged the Airbnb team and waiting for their reply. what is the SLA for their reply?

Leopoldo7
Level 2
Munich, Germany

Hi! I just had exactly the same problem as Kevin a few hours ago. Did you finally get a solution?

I have tried contacting the host, but they did not even received my booking request. I now book it again and it confirmed. This second time I used a coupon, so the charge was $0. However, my first booking failed still appears charged in my bank account. Any advice? I have contacted Airbnb but no answer yet. I can still see the the booking "failed verification" on my trips, but I cannot do anythig about it.

Hi so what happened finally with your booking ? I have a similar problem

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Leopoldo7

There may be a hold on your card - it will take a bit of time for the hold to lift.

Thanks @Marit-Anne0!  I paid using my debit bank account (with SOFORT system), although I guess it should work eaxctly as it does it with a credit card. It makes sense to wait a bit. 

Muhammmed-Mazhar0
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

is anyone find the solution. ı dealing with that more than 4 days . ı tried everyting what customer manager said

Melanie487
Level 1
Hoffman Estates, IL

First time booking with Airbnb and I am experiencing the same problem:  failed verification, and my credit card has been charged.   I tried contacting the host and waiting for his response.  How long should I wait before I take action and call my credit card to cancel the charges?  Is there anything I should do on my end so this does not happen again with another booking with a different host?  

same issue here , my first time here booking and they charged my credit card, nohthing in my trips, and appears failed verfication, im fully verified, who solve this? 

Can someone please give a resolution to this, also have this problem 

Daniel2891
Level 2
Murrieta, CA

Same issue here as @Kevin453. Contacted Airbnb 1 hour ago. I will update when I receive communication from airbnb.