False reviews????

Tammy21
Level 2
Thunder Bay, Canada

False reviews????

I had a family come and stay with me for 2 nights in my private basement suite. I same them twice a day and have very pleasant interactions with them. Then they wrote a review stating that they did not even stay at my place, that I did not great them, it was a sketchy neighbourhood, ect...All of which is untrue. I am stuned and hurt by this review as it is on my sight. Anyone experience this and if so what did you do?

10 Replies 10
Karin38
Level 3
San Diego, CA

Sounds to me like they stayed there since that said it was a sketchy neighborhood and you didn't greet them. 😕
Paula-And-Bernie0
Level 3
Winter Haven, FL

Great job on your response!

Thank you. I was trying to be polite while proving/reminding them that they were not imaginary guests. I certainly did not want to burn any bridges professionally speaking.

Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

Report it to Airbnb.
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Tammy21 - That sounds like they got your place mixed up with another place where they didn't stay. Great response! I don't think it will go against you at all, most people would see it the same & just think the guest was confused about which place he was reviewing. - Karen

I really hope so. That review really hurt.

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Tammy21  HI there, I just wanted to let you know that I read your public response to Ed......"awesome!"  LOL - Love the details.  And I also wrote you a private message to your email letting you know that you definitely need to contact Airbnb immediately on this.  What a shame that Ed, with 6 good reviews, would be so careless to write that "they never stayed there."  Does he have a twin brother who came instead?  LOL

I took a photo of ED's profile to add to my "do not host this person" list in case he decides to venture over to Hawaii....hahahaha.....

FYI-  did you know that public responses to guests cannot be seen via the Airbnb app?  Its only seen if a guests actually uses the website to find a place to stay.  Im disappointed about this myself as I have a response that I would like others to read about one of my guests who told me I should "chill out" regarding my important rule on "turning off fans & lights  when not in the room.  Typical moronic 19 year old who has no clue how much it cost to pay a mortgage in Hawaii and the expensive electricity rates....(highest rates in all 50 states) - great ending though,  I got a beautiful apology from his mother. (she saw my public response along with a copy of my monthly electricty bill.  She even offered to send me money, but I humbly declined but offered for her son to come back and clean my house to work off the EXTRA electricty cost he caused me leaving our 2 fans and lights on for 9 plus hours while they went hiking ON BOTH DAYS.   She wrote back:  You would host him again?  hahahah

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Tammy21
Level 2
Thunder Bay, Canada

Your response and the private email made me feel so much better. Thank you for taking the time and being kind by giving me some fantastic tips. You made me feel like I am not alone (^_^)

I do plan to come to your island in the next couple of years so I am going to keep a reminder of your place so that I can visit with you. The good news is I shut off all electrical things for the same reason you do so that will not be an issue.

Wishing you well.

@Tammy21   I just got word that you posted a message for me.....at least I hope its me...can you confirm for me by posting a message using this ------->  @Momi0   then it for sure gets to the appropriate host.  While I do know that I sent you a private email to help you, maybe another host did too....but I am grateful IF your posted reply was FOR me.  🙂

Always make sure to use the @ symbol when writing a post if you truly want that host to see it.   (another helpful tip). haha  one of many right?  hahahah

If you look at the beginning of my post here, you will notice it says @Tammy21  and you can click on the edit button on your post to add someone's name if you still want to. 

But Im smiling alot because I think your post was meant for me........ @Momi0 right?  XOXOXO  Always my heart to help.

p.s.  Did you get my 2nd private email today too?  

p.s. jr. And I would ABSOLUTELY accept your request to book my place.....looking forwardd to your visit to Hawaii. You will never forget enjoying my Momi Marvelous Mango Margarita that many have had and want to come back for more....freshly made with Hawaiian limes and Mangos from my tree.  We can even take a photo of you and I drinking together...haha (inside joke between you and me right?) 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Tammy21
Level 2
Thunder Bay, Canada

@Momi0

You were correct that the message was meant for you. Still learning how to use this site. I am practising daily to get better at it. 

Can you let me know how to view other hosts sites? I am trying to find  yours so I can put it on my wish list. Thank you if you can assist. Hope your weekend is going well.

Wishing you well.