Guests Who Need Immediate Responses

Guests Who Need Immediate Responses

I recently hosted a guest who needed immediate responses after sending me messages. The guest instantly booked and sent me a message. I did not immediately reply because I was at work. After two hours from her booking time stamp, I was on my break at work and saw that the guest booked and the messages. The guest would duplicate the messages and send them to grab my attention. I replied to the guest as soon as I could. The guest would do this multiple times when I could not respond to her right away. When I read the guest's feedback, the guest docked stars from communication, check-in, and overall experience. The guest mentioned that I had slow responses of 2 hours. 

In my ad listings and the message I send after who guests booked, I mentioned that I work full time and there might be delay in responses. I respond in a timely manner, as my response rate on average is within an hour. 

Does anyone have had experiences with guests like this? Any tips or advice on how to handle the situation?

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kelly793  I really wouldn't lose any sleep over this. You are clear in your listing that you work and might not be able to respond right away to messages. This was just an entitled person who thinks only about herself and her needs and desires. Sorry she gave you a bad review because of her own bad attitude.

I had a client who sent me a text message, which woke me up, at 6AM on a Saturday morning, just to ask if I could make him some curtains. I looked at it, cursed, trurned off my ringer, and went back to sleep. When I got up a couple hours later, I saw that he'd resent the message another 5 times. As if that would help. When  I contacted him and mentioned that just because he wakes up at 5:30 AM ready to get down to business, doesn't mean everyone does. He said, "Oh, sorry, that was too early, huh?" Uh, yeah.

You could leave a response to her review, something like- "This guest texted me multiple times pre-arrival, expecting immediate responses, despite me clearly stating in my listing and in the booking message that I work full time and can't always respond right away. I suggest she read and respect what hosts say in their listings and messages in the future."

@Sarah977 Thank you for your response. I appreciate it!