Guests

Answered!
Sean375
Level 3
Jersey City, NJ

Guests

What do you do when a confirmed guest shows up with a large dog ? My add states no pets.

1 Best Answer

@Sean375 

I would say to the guest that YOU (=guest) can enter but at no time can your dog enter my home, and basically stand guard and refuse to let the guest enter WITH the dog. This is what I'd tell Airbnb CS as well - the guest is welcome to stay but an absolute NO to the dog. It is up to the guest to decide whether he will find a dog hotel for his pet or cancel and find somewhere else where he can stay with his dog. 

Never cancel yourself and never say you want to cancel. Say you are happy and willing to host the guest as long as he respects all house rules as he agreed to when he booked. Stay firm about not allowing the dog. I would say that if the guest can make other arangements for his dog, then he is more than welcome to stay, but you refuse to break your own rules and the dog is not welcome. 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Hold firm to your policy and call Airbnb to re-home them. 

@Sean375 

I would say to the guest that YOU (=guest) can enter but at no time can your dog enter my home, and basically stand guard and refuse to let the guest enter WITH the dog. This is what I'd tell Airbnb CS as well - the guest is welcome to stay but an absolute NO to the dog. It is up to the guest to decide whether he will find a dog hotel for his pet or cancel and find somewhere else where he can stay with his dog. 

Never cancel yourself and never say you want to cancel. Say you are happy and willing to host the guest as long as he respects all house rules as he agreed to when he booked. Stay firm about not allowing the dog. I would say that if the guest can make other arangements for his dog, then he is more than welcome to stay, but you refuse to break your own rules and the dog is not welcome. 

Sean375
Level 3
Jersey City, NJ

Thanks for your replies. My concern is more for other guests(I have 3 rooms on airbnb).Moreover it was a huge German Sheopard.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Sean375 Unless it was a service dog or emotional support dog, then they can't bring it to a no pets place.  If it is said to be one of those things then you may have a problem denying them. 

Maria568
Level 5
Stanthorpe, Australia

My guest did not showed up. He had issues with boyfriend , text me 2 days before arrival. We do have a strict cancellation policy . What type of review should I write. ?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

How did guest have issues with your BF if he didn’t show up @Maria568 ?

Maria568
Level 5
Stanthorpe, Australia

He booked weeks ago with his boyfriend and they are not longer together .. he forgot about the booking. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh it sounded like you meant he had issues with your BF 😁

If he didn’t stay and apart from forgetting to come there were no other issues - why would you review him?