Host being rated for "Respects house rules"

Answered!

Host being rated for "Respects house rules"

I'm a host and I was was given an overall rating from a stay of 4 stars.  On closer examination, the guest had left me 5 stars in all categories.  I called airbnb customer service and asked why my stars were 4 and not 5 and they replied with, "because your guest left the stars blank in the category "respects house rules.""

I asked for their policy on "Respects house rules" as it applies to a host and neither the agents or supervisors could give me anything on it.  They're just telling me to accept it.  I asked other hosts around me if they're rated in that category and their responses have been "no."

One supervisor thought it was a glitch, but the tech team threw it back and said it wasn't.  He said guests do not rate hosts for respecting their own house rules.  They're refusing to make the correction for their error.  Meanwhile, I'm being excluded from searches because of their error.  Airbnb is punishing their hosts and telling them to accept what is being given to them even though they ALL acknowledged it as being wrong.

1 Best Answer

102 Replies 102

Yes, I know you are an host, that is why I'm asking you to stop torturing other hosts. It's a bug @Breighana0 

Your comment is noted, and the tech team already concluded their investigation and said it was not a bug, so you can take it up with them.

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Ok. Best wishes.

Thank you

@Breighana0 So are you saying An Airbnb rep sent this copy of a guests review process to you because even though we may see our own reviews we never see the guests process, but we make it our business to know the how to because we also travel ?.H

Thing is Breighana, if this was the case then it would be seven stars as you have shown seven categories, so you already had six ?This does not ring true H

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Breighana0 

Earlier you said it was a technical glitch and therefore easy to fix and that we were all being stupid because it's "not rocket science". Now it's not a glitch? Part of the reason you are not getting the responses you would like on here is because you keep posting contradictory information. Perhaps that's not your fault and you've been given contradictory information from Airbnb (wouldn't surprise me). 

And, to reiterate what I said before about how you can't simply blindly trust what Airbnb reps tell you, with one one the glitches I mentioned earlier that I reported, the first rep repeatedly told me there was no glitch to the point that I told her that as she clearly did not understand my question, I needed to speak to someone else. The next rep responded that it was indeed a glitch but didn't know when it would be fixed.

He then passed me back to the clueless rep I first dealt with who could no longer pretend that no glitch existed, because her colleague had confirmed that it did. When I asked her why she had told me there was no glitch involved, especially considering that by this point I had been informed that it was not a new glitch, but ongoing, her response was, "Well, we can't know about everything."

At some point in this process, I posted about this on the CC here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Superhost-stats-Is-anyone-else-seeing-something-weird/m-p/1...

(and also mentioned it in a couple of other threads)

where I found out that there were a few hosts experiencing it. One of the moderators stepped in and escalated it because we were getting absolutely nowhere with CS and finally the problem was fixed.

I don't know how long you have been hosting, but I am guessing not very long. Perhaps if you continue doing it, after time you will realise that sometimes you have to take what CS reps tell you with a rather large pinch of salt.

You say that you have been repeatedly told the same thing by CS, but what you have posted here clearly shows you have been told several different things and now, you are being told something contradictory again. For some reason, you seem to believe whatever you would prefer to believe rather than being analytical or logical about it. That's why no one here can help you out.

I was saying that it was not a glitch in jest to the person who told me to stop torturing hosts by warning them.  I posted exactly what cs has told me (true or not, contradictory or not) because this is what was told to me.  My story has not changed.  I have been able to get every one of them to understand this problem (on the phone) because it's simple to understand.  What they reply back to me with has varied or someone else takes over and I have to start all over.  It should not be happening to me or anyone else because that category does not belong there.  So I'm clear here for the last time.....Do I personally think it's a glitch?  No,  because it is on their backend.  It is written into their code.  Does it affect all hosts?  Yes.  Can a host see that category? No.  Can a guest see that category?  (I know now that the true answer is no they can't).  And remember that while posting all of this I have talked to an additional 4 agents, so what I'm saying is being updated and is ongoing.  Does a guest rate hosts in this category?  No, because they can't see it.  It seems like it is automatic and random because I know now that it has happened to other hosts that I personally know.  Can it happen on one of your ratings and you think it's just someone rating you 4 stars in the "overall" category when you have 5 stars across the board?  Yes.  I didn't even read the rest of your post because this is clearly not a help center.  👍

Hopefully, a host who is going through the same thing as me will find my information helpful and that's all I'm going for at this point.  👌

@Huma0 

Screenshot where I called you "stupid."

And you're the one saying I'm the one changing stories...👌

20220929_174920.png

20220929_093530.jpg

**[Inappropriate comment removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Breighana0  seriously, do NOT come in here and attack a long standing and highly respected member of the forums.  If you can't show respect for others, at least refrain from invalid insults. 

I have been thoroughly confused by your post because it's full of contradictions, but I think I can finally understand what you are concerned about. So, I urge you to keep going and make sure the software team delete this item from the review process, which seems to have been mistakenly inserted and just left there. Whether it is influencing the review overall rating we can't know. Yes, I know, the CS person told you it was due to that, but that person could have been making that up. 

Either way, that category "respects house rules" needs to be removed, even if it's just hidden code, as it's clearly confusing the CS team. Perhaps this can be escalated by a moderator here?

Angelika208
Level 3
Quintana Roo, Mexico

@Huma0 and all, I admire your patience.

@Breighana0 , I admire your persistance.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi everyone,

I appreciate all your contributions to try and get this issue cleared. Since it has now gone off-topic I've decided to close the thread.

I understand frustrations can build up when neither party feels heard, though no one deserves to be disrespected and I won't allow this to continue to escalate to the point of personal attacks. It's the responsibility of all of us to follow the Community Guidelines and to build and maintain a respectful and constructive community. 

@Breighana0 I've forwarded this to the team, once I get an update I'll be in touch with you via DM.

Thanks for understanding,

Sybe

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen