Host being rated for "Respects house rules"

Answered!

Host being rated for "Respects house rules"

I'm a host and I was was given an overall rating from a stay of 4 stars.  On closer examination, the guest had left me 5 stars in all categories.  I called airbnb customer service and asked why my stars were 4 and not 5 and they replied with, "because your guest left the stars blank in the category "respects house rules.""

I asked for their policy on "Respects house rules" as it applies to a host and neither the agents or supervisors could give me anything on it.  They're just telling me to accept it.  I asked other hosts around me if they're rated in that category and their responses have been "no."

One supervisor thought it was a glitch, but the tech team threw it back and said it wasn't.  He said guests do not rate hosts for respecting their own house rules.  They're refusing to make the correction for their error.  Meanwhile, I'm being excluded from searches because of their error.  Airbnb is punishing their hosts and telling them to accept what is being given to them even though they ALL acknowledged it as being wrong.

1 Best Answer

102 Replies 102

@Breighana0 If the rating beside the guests name is 4 stars it means she left you 4 stars. There is no error conspiracy theory here.

20220929_093530.jpg

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Breighana0  My guess is this is a poor CS rep.  It is not uncommon for guests to give all 5 star in the sub categories but a 4 overall.  There is not any 'respects house rules' category for the hosts, you were misinformed, which is not uncommon either.

This has been from every customer service rep and supervisor.  It's what it is and you're subject to it also.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Breighana0 

No, it's not. You have posted screenshots above of conversations with a rep who is telling you the exact opposite. So, it's not every customer service rep and supervisor. Perhaps at least one has told you that is the case, but at least one has told you that is not. Whom you choose to believe is up to you. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Breighana0 

No it's not. You already posted responses from CS (which have now been removed by the moderators for confidentiality reasons) which stated the exact opposite, so why are you saying every CS rep/supervisor told you that? You've already proven otherwise!

They have all stated that hosts cannot see that category on our end but call them and ask and they will tell you that they can see it on their end.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Breighana0 

Sorry, I can't help replying because this is all total nonsense. Have you ever been an Airbnb guest and completed the review process? I have, several times, including recently and the rating you are talking about does not exist from the guest side, nor do individual categories make any difference to the overall star rating. Sorry, but you've been misinformed. I don't know why you choose to believe a poorly trained CS rep over several hosts each with several years of experience.

For the record, I do not agree with "respects house rules" applying to a host because like others have said, it doesn't make sense.  This is the information I have gotten from all customer service I have talked to.  If you do not believe it, call them yourselves and you will find out that neither the guest nor host can see that review, but airbnb can no problem.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Breighana0 

I did just contact CS to ask. The rep had no idea what I was talking about. She said she would have to refer it to another team because she had never heard of this issue. So, I will let you know if I get any answers back, but I doubt very much that it is a standard part of the review procedure.

The reason I am so sure (which you seem to have missed in my previous posts) is that I am a guest as well as a host, and only last month stayed in an Airbnb and rated/reviewed it. I posted screenshots of the whole process in the thread I mentioned above because I thought it would be helpful to other hosts as Airbnb do tweak the process from time to time.

Have you taken a look? If not, please do. There is nowhere in the review process where guests get to rate hosts on house rules. If I am wrong, I am sure some other person here who has been a guest recently will correct me, but these are screenshots of the review process as I was doing it. As they say, "a picture tells a thousand words". 

Well we all have our own experiences and this is mine and you're telling me it's not happening lol.  To each their own 👍

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Breighana0 

I'm not telling you it's not happening. I'm telling you that you have been misinformed (as is everyone else who has posted on this thread). And you only need to do a bit of basic research on this CC to find out that Airbnb CS reps frequently misinform users, contradict each other and contradict Airbnb policy. You are insisting that something is true because one (or more) CS reps told you so, yet you are choosing to ignore the rep (or reps) who told you it is not the case. Why is that?

My main point, which you keep choosing to ignore, is there is no such rating category in the guest review process, which I have shown by posting screenshots of the guest review process. I don't know how much clearer I can make it. It's not about different experiences, it's about facts. If you have not recently completed the review process yourself as a guest, how is it that you know for a fact that guests rate hosts on 'following house rules'? How?

You're telling me that they're giving me misinformation.  That makes ten + reps and supervisors that have given me that exact information.  I'm not here to convince you.  I just want it fixed since I know I'm not supposed to be rated for that category (which you agree with) and I'm getting no help.  I don't know why you're arguing with me.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Breighana0 

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just telling you, based on years of experienced hosting, but also years of experience benefitting from advice from other hosts here on the CC, that if you have been misinformed by CS about a problem, i.e. they have told you about a problem that actually does not exist, how are they going to fix it exactly? I mean, if they are wrong and that is not the actual problem? You will just be wasting your time.

Okay, look, I am actually trying to help you and apologies if my frustration is coming across. So, you said that the review itself was 5* in every category but 4* overall. Later, you said that it was 5* in every category and 5* overall. Which was it?

If it was the latter, please post the screenshot showing the overall rating as well as the individual star ratings (I think when you posted one before, it only showed the individual ones), as that is the one that matters the most.

20220928_214938.png