How Do I Get Invitation To Super Strict Cancellation Policy- It's Invite Only Now

How Do I Get Invitation To Super Strict Cancellation Policy- It's Invite Only Now

My host unit has a shelf life due to events in the neighborhood, MLB games.  How do I get an invitation for a Super Strict cancellation policy?  Thanks!

30 Replies 30

@Diane15,

Why not contact Airbnb and make a case.  The worse thing they could say is no.

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi @Dave-and-Deb0

I have called, emailed and made a case for almost a year now, to no avail. They just say "we'll forward your questions/concerns to the department who makes the invitation decision" and I never hear back about it. 

I've proabably done it 7 or 8 times over the past year.

I think they just prefer to favor the Guest's needs over the Hosts and that's their right....it's their company. 

That's why I am forced to only take long future bookings on other sites...I hate doing that, but I really have no choice :- (

I've had as much luck with that as I have with getting Airbnb to stop emailing for EVERY da*mn thing EXCEPT inquiries...I've unchecked every box known to exist at Aribnb and talked to almost every customer service person there, but no luck....my issue just gets ignored.

Oh well ...

@Dave-and-Deb0  I  know this thread is SUPER old, but I actually finally was invited and accepted the "Super Strict" 60 day cancellation policy about a year or so ago. 

They had been paying me out 60 before the guest's check-in date, but have "paused" it during the Corona Virus situation.

Michael1937
Level 1
Santa Rosa Beach, FL

I recently posted 2 listings on AirBNB and ran into this ridiculous cancellation policy issue. My listings are in Destin, FL where summer rates are triple that of other seasons and therefore are "subject to serious seasonality". Like everyone here, my listings are supposed to be an investment not a gamble. When I call customer support to try and get invited or at least a decent explanation as to why my listings don't qualify they just lie and tell me a supervisor or someone who can help will call me back. Of course I never get a call back after two attempts and was forced to block my Spring Break and Summer season completely. I don't understand why they insist on making the situation a lose-lose when their competitors offer a 60/30 cancellation policy without any hassle. Has anyone had any luck with attaining an invite by chance?

, got the same treatment, no longer will use air except in a pinch, they lose much with this 14 day strict crap, not a sustainable model for vacation rentals, air is the new vrbo, they have there head shoved up where the sun dont shine.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

The Super Strict 30- and 60 Day policies are only available to commercial 'hosts' (real estate agents, property management companies, VRMs etc, who have 6 or more Entire Homes listed on Airbnb (in addition to a further 15 favourable and preferential host policies denied to the small 'traditional' hosts, on whose backs  (and years of  hard graft) this company was built. (Occasionally, an exception will be made for hosts with 'trophy properties', that Airbnb can use for its marketing purposes, but those exceptions are very rare)  

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Michael1937 @Susan17 is right. The only other way to have it is to have been grandfathered in pre 2016. @Wendy85 on this thread got it with a simple phone call because she has 9 listings. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I think it is fair to say we do not know what the policy actually is, inference from what we see happening, there seems to be quite a few things that would get a 'regular' host booted from the platform that the big boys are allowed to do.

David
Rebecca712
Level 1
Charleston, SC

I just spoke with an agent about this.  I'm in agreement that their policies can be difficult for hosts as compared to other platforms.

Here is what I was told:

1) you need to have 6+ properties listed with them

2) there is an additional 5% fee for the right to make your policies 30/60 day cancellations (so 8% total, as you already pay 3%)

3) once you list your properties (6+), you'll need to call in and request.  they should be able to help you with it right then

Hope this helps others of you!

Hi Rebecca.

I actually received my "Super Strict" cancellation policy a few months ago. And I pay the same amount as I did before. 3%

But thank you for your comment.

Happy Hosting!

Uta3
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Yes that is right and has worked for me just now 🙂

Uta3
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I just called the helpline and the were able to arrange it on the phone - I was so happy.

I think that they need something between the super strict and the strict option as I am happy to allow guests to cancel for free 48 hrs after they book.

But to get a 50% refund up to 7 days before they arrive wasnt working for me as we get many longer bookings that are usually made 3 to 1 months before the time of the trip so I couldnt fill such long bookings within a week if they cancelled only a week before.

I explained that to them on the phone and that Cape Town is highly seasonal and that we are usually fully booked in season and this was probably what convinced them - very pleased!

@Uta3 

What "convinced them" is that you have 9 listings. The Sjuper Strict policies are available to anyone with 6 or more properties on the site. 

Hi @Susan17 I have the Super Strict policy and I don't have 6 properties.

You can no longer get Super Strict.  This was just recently announced.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host