How to request money for lost key - House rules

Answered!
Alen4
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

How to request money for lost key - House rules

Hi,

i'm a host on airbnb.

My guest accidentaly lost a key of the apartment.

House rules are clear and we requested a money back for new key cuts, lock and handyman expenses.

Guest was fair enough and agreed with everything.

Is it possible to receive the money through airbnb platform or i have agree payment option with a guest directly?

Guest would like to pay with credit card so airbnb platform would be a most suitable option for both.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Alen

1 Best Answer

Once the guest accepts your dispute, his card will be charged accordingly. 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Process this through the Resolution Center and Airbnb will charge the guest.

I did but guest asks me does he have to pay me? Airbnb didn't send me any message that they will colect money for me.

Once the guest accepts your dispute, his card will be charged accordingly. 

Seems the guest doesn't know what and where he has to accept.

Could you please tell me what is the next step if he doesn,t want to officaly accept it? (he sent me a message that he will pay it but he doesn't know how to do it through airbnb-probably his first time)

Our guest is not only refusing to pay for this but is now retalliating with a bad review and making stuff up about us.

In addition they did not follow a lot of house rules. It is very upsetting. 

Angelle2
Level 1
Lafayette, LA

I have also gone through the resolution center to charge for two sets of keys not returned, missing towels and to mail back on personal (left behind) items.  Past guests says he deos not see the request.  Doesn't look like there's a next step for the host or even a link to share with repsonisble party to get it actually resolved.  Very frustrated with AirBnb!

Ann10
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi,

I just had a guest that I do not think was good at reading instructions and lost the key. I had to call a lock smith and pay the cleaning lady $25 to go there for nothing. I called the guest and she was completely spaced out and said she locked the key in the house. However, the key is no where to be found. I thought for once I'm not going to be held hostage by the review process. She kept stressing that it was an accident which I'm sure it was. I asked 2x if there was some other place where the key was because no one could find it.

Now, I told her if we didn't get the key we need to change the lock. The locksmith went there and made new keys, but I thought he found the key. I'm not sure what to do. One side of me thinks the guest should pay especially since the key is lost. On the other hand I think maybe it's our fault for not having the spare. I'm afraid if someone claims that they were robbed, they will blame the person with the spare key. I had a guest who claimed $600 was missing from the place(it was bogus) and tried to blame the cleaning lady and when I said there wasn't a spare key she tried to blame me.

Now, she has given me a review and I feel that it's bad. Not that I freaked out or anything but she was  telling me she left the key in the house and she didn't. I'm managing the place remotely. I wonder if I should call her while there is still time for her to change the review. I know I said I didn't care, but I will lose my SH status. Help! Also, how do I start a new topic?