I cancelled in order to edit the booking, now the dates are blocked.

I cancelled in order to edit the booking, now the dates are blocked.

I have just cancelled a guests booking so that they can move from the single room in our house to the double room  in our so that we can accommodate her husband who has just obtained a job in Canberra. The guest has stayed with us many times and is a very good guest so I wanted to accommodate her needs.  AIrBnB however has not unblocked the dates for the cancelled booking, has double charged her for the new booking and has not refunded her payment for the original booking.  I am also receiving stern warnings that my status as a super host is now jeopardised.  How do I get someone to ring me back from AirBnB?  They seem to be ignoring all my emails.

Maree

[title updated]

1 Reply 1
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Peter-And-Maree0,

Unfortunately, when a host cancels a booking the penalties of having the dates blocked and superhost status is affected - you can see the full penalties here

In the future, if you need to change a reservation, your guest can submit an alteration request - this Help Guide explains how it works.

As you were unaware of the penalties of cancelling this time, it is worth talking to Airbnb about this - this Community Help Guide explains other ways you can contact them apart from by phone (e.g. Twitter).

Just to let you know, I have moved your post here to a new thread so that it doesn't get lost in another discussion and it is easier to find. I have also given it a title, please let me know if you want to change it!

In case you're not sure how to start a new thread - this CC Tutorial gives a step by step guide to starting a conversation in the Community Centre.

Kirstie