I'm a host. How do I request a booking for someone?

Sara271
Level 1
United States

I'm a host. How do I request a booking for someone?

We just bought our place and part of the agreement was to honor their last renters. We will get paid for them staying but for a significantly cheaper value then usual. How do I send a request for them to book our place? Does it even work that way? I dont want it to make it available cause I already did and someone instantly booked and I had to cancel it(I turned off instant book for now). And other people were trying to book as well. Is there anyway to do this or does anyone have any recommendations?

Also- Does Airbnb have a customer service phone?

Thanks in advnace.

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Sara271,

The host cannot initiate a reservation and it has to be the guest who reaches out to the host via an inquiry, a reservation request or an Instant Booking.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Sara271

The previous owner/host should have reached out to BNB to tell them there was a new owner for the building and to ask if the bookings could be transfered. Did that happen?

If not you need to ask him/her to contact them ASAP and see if it is possible to transfer the bookings. Any guest should be offered the option of either cancelling (at no charge)  and finding somewhere else or continuing with the booking.

So the previous owners can transfer the booking to us? How do we do that?

We spoke with the renters and they still want to rent from us we are all just trying to figure out how to do it through BNB.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I didn't say they can I said they need to contact BNB to see if they can.