Info update

Philip360
Level 1
Greeneville, TN

Info update

I have recently received notifications that seemed a lot like Airbnb but I'm not certain if it is.  The notifications say that I need to submit more information or my listing will be shut off is this true?

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Philip360  Screenshot the email or message and send it to Airbnb to confirm if this is really from them. If there is anything in the message you are told to click on, DON'T.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Philip360
Level 1
Greeneville, TN

Thank you guys I'll see what they say

Shirley124
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

I’ve received the same message twice . First time I contacted air B and B and they confirmed it was the case. Just received another e mail today . I updated as I went to my login on air B and B and it also asked me to update . 

I've also had the "Update your info to keep getting payouts" message but no mention of it when I log into AirBnB. Want me to update? Send it to my inbox, not my private mail

Jette7
Level 2
Parañaque, Philippines

" to prevent pause in payouts" I started updating my info like if I am a registered business owner etc.. I started filling out  but didn't complete it when it was asking for my tax account number.. 

I only manage rental space, reply to the inquiries , but I don't own the place.. what happens if I do complete the information forms? Will the income from Airbnb be computed along my personal income, and may increase my income tax due??? Thank you

@Jette7  If the payouts get sent to you rather than the home owners, then it is considered your income, and you will be taxed on it.

But I know there is a way to get the 1099 tax form directed to whoever you want, but I don't know how you go about that.