Instant book?!?

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

Instant book?!?

Hi, 

I mostly handle everything Airbnb via the app in my phone (listing updates, booking, communication, rating...).

I very seldom log in via my laptop and the Airbnb website. 

But I did now, and was very surprised to see that under Booking Settings, it says that I have Instant Book?!? I have never and will never allow IB.

Double checked via the app in my phone; it says all guests must send request. Checked the website via the laptop again: IB... (See photos.) Weird that there would be different settings via website and app?!

Could any of you please help me, by checking what you - as ”guests” - see, if it looks like you can instant book or not? 

https://www.airbnb.com/h/trudes-guest-house-stockholm

Phone/app:

2BFEFDE4-7943-4471-9099-0FB6E65D1724.jpeg

Laptop/website:1A9CB61D-41ED-4FC4-AC43-49E310DBEE40.png

5 Replies 5
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

hi @Trude0 ,

It looks instant book to me. I selected some dates and got the option to "reserve" straight away. 

Yours, 

Solveig 

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

@Solveig0 :  Really? Website or app?

@Trude0 oh yeah sorry, I should have said! website! Just tried in the app, same thing. Might be a bug? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app?

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

I can instant book your house using website.

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

@Solveig0 , @Piotr48 : Thanks both of you for checking! I checked all my 24 completed bookings, and all of them seem to have been received as requests to book «Request received». Guess it would look differently if anyone had actually gone ahead and instant booked, so am guessing this error in the website version is quite new. 

@Solveig0 : As everything looks correct in MY app (first photo), but incorrect via the website, I don’t think uninstalling/reinstalling will help. Am also nervous that doing this might cause more issues. 

Website also says I don’t require a profile photo to book, which I do. Yesterday, the app showed this requirement correct, but today, the app shows I don’t require a photo, just like in the website version. So that is something that changed in the app version since yesterday. 

Very strange, and am curious about how this can happen. Will contact customer service and ask them to look into it.