Is the deadline of review based on local time?

Is the deadline of review based on local time?

Hi,

I know we have 14 days to write a review. So if the last day I can write review is June 13, is the deadline cut off time PST or EST of June 13th? I am based in California. Thanks!

Helen

58 Replies 58

Oohhh, I'd Reallllly like Airbnb to re-enlist the clock, if it's been removed.  It Does give a knowledgeable host the upper hand- but frankly, I feel we deserve it, if we are a good host and here's why  If we start to learn the policies and procedures but get bad treatment by an unruly, dishonest, or bad guest, in general, and we have to contend with sometimes weeks and weeks of waiting time on refunds to us etc, disputes, then at least we can have a voice, make sure we are heard without retaliation, and to warn other hosts.  There are plenty of Airbnb users who are worthy of our hard working. hours, our weekends, our holiday time.  I mean, please...right?  They can lose a guest here or there who makes our lives hell.  Personally, with multiple bad guests, I'd eventually want move on from hosting, in general, in life; so, it works both ways- Airbnb should really want us to warn others.  And honestly, it is So rare for us to leave a bad review for someone.  It has to be Reallllly bad. I've only left about 3 in thousands of reservations over 8 years.

Sean433
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

It seems there is no consensus as to the absolute last minute to leave a review. I have a couple of theories. The first one did not work for me although but the second one may (I have not tried it yet).

Theory 1:  If you received the first email to review guest on October 1st at 3:00pm, it would appear the cut off time to leave the review would be October 14 at 2:59pm. The problem is that I tried this one time and it did not work. Perhaps because the time the guest received the email was different from the time I received it. Who knows. So this theory to me is not true

Theory 2: I have yet to try this one but I am really thinking about doing it because I don't think I can expect a retaliation trying it this way... On October 14 at 2:55pm, I would open the review tab, write out my review and wait 4-5 hours to click submit. I am not sure if this would work but there is a chance since I have initiated the review writing process before the cut off time. I am thinking to experiment this with other guests whom I had positive experiences just to see if it works. If it does, I will use it on my previous horrible guest who I want to write a bad review on.

Has anyone tried this technique yet?

@Sandra856 

So Theory 2 does not work. I had the review page open and ready to go for a few hours and once the cut off period ended and I tried to click submit review, it did not allow me, the page stated "Error. You do not have permission to access this resource"

Frustrating

Debbie96
Level 8
Oxford, United Kingdom

I received my very first notice to write a review for guest at  "Sunday, ---- 5:26pm"    I wrote and submitted my review at 5:24pm fourteen days later and it was accepted.

Hope this cleared up this question and is helpful to others.

Debbie96
Level 8
Oxford, United Kingdom

For clarification, this was accepted AND posted to guest's profile at exactly 5:26pm.

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

Anyone figured out the exact deadline for writing reviews? I mean in hours, not days.

AirBNB will email you a review reminder the day your guest checks out.  Note the time this email is sent.  The review cutoff is 14 days later at that exact time.

That seems arbitrary, but I have I will try this. I would think it would be a fixed time of day, like 9pm PT on hte 14th day after the guest has left. So if the left the morning of the 1st, the cutoff woruld be 9pm PT on the 15th, but perhaps they time it base it on the initial review request email like you said.  I will work to confirm this.  Thank You 

@Peter2522 any luck?

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

I can confirm that deadline is exactly 14 days starting from the 1st email notification you get from Airbnb to post a review.

Also, on the app you can check how much time you have left (in minutes). Screenshot_20200110_145823.jpg

Hi guys,

So after trying to find the hidden clock, I found the following path is the efficient one.

In the Air Bnb app go to:

1- Inbox - Open the chat with the guest awaiting review -

2- On top of the chat you will see the guest name, the text äwaiting review" and Details

3- Click on details and it will take you to the guest's reservation screen

It will show "COMPLETED",  GUEST name, how many guests, how much they paid, the name of the listing and underneath that the message that you have x minutes to write a review.

So, in conclusion, the clock is shown on the screen where you would see all the reservation details for which you need to write a review.

Hope it helps

Update, for those who do not have the app and use a browser for their Air Bnb reviews it is even more simple. Just open your chat with the guest from your inbox and in the new window you will have on the left all the reservation details along with the clock and on the right the whole chat with that guest.

Ana988
Level 2
SF, CA

I love this question. when I have a bad experience  Ive noticed a pattern that when I didn't have time to write a bad review many times they didn't write one either, but when I write right away they also do write one. so using time as a tool can be extremely helpful. 

Marco3269
Level 2
Fort Collins, CO

Thanks for your question @Helen11.   You have a valid question and I hope some of the folks who responded are not hosts.  Completely unprofessional with their flippant responses.  Thanks to some of you who actually answered the question.