Is there a bug on the Airbnb website...?

Rosemary36
Level 1
Tavistock, United Kingdom

Is there a bug on the Airbnb website...?

Does Airbnb have a bug? 

A previous guest - Nikki, has got several messages supposedly from me saying  -

Hi Ross look forward to meeting you. Dates 10th - 17th, cream tea, bubbly on ice...etc etc.

I am not sending these messages 3 or 4 to date....but how do I stop the hack...?

Have messaged Airbnb but no response....

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Oh, @Rosemary36, that is frustrating. It is a known bug. The last few days the forum has been lit up with complaints of odd messages making the blameless "senders" look like insane pests. Hopefully it will end soon. When you messaged Airbnb, did you do it via Twitter? That seems to get the quickest and most reliable responses. 

Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

The most likely answer is, I'm afraid, that you've been hacked. I'd suggest you urgently check your settings, especially bank account details, and try giving Airbnb a call on 0203 318 1111. I find they usually pick up the phone while messages don't get the speedy response I'm looking for.

Change your password for a start, maybe contact any guests you've got booked in and let them know (I'm sure they'll understand). While I'd always recommend using the Airbnb platform for messages, you might want to give them a mobile number for now?