Is this reasonable?

Stephanie1266
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Is this reasonable?

We have one bedroom with a private bathroom we rent. It is clear in the advert we also have two small children and it is a family home. The first night the guests came home after 11pm which was late ( especially when you have little ones!) but we didn’t grumble. I was annoyed though at the 6am start they have chosen for baths and getting ready. It has woken up my children and myself on both mornings. The first morning it was actually a little before 6am.  It is unreasonable to leave this in their review? I feel if they need such an early start on both mornings that maybe a family home wasn’t the best choice? When we discussed check out they indicated 8/9am so I know they don’t have a flight or anything! 

4 Replies 4
Romana19
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Je to úplně normální,jsou to hosté.Nemůžete jim přikazovat,kdy mohou vstávat.A pokud vám to vadí,přestaňte ubytovávat.Vaše děti také mohou rušit ostatní.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Unless you specify in your rules that guests can only come in/get up/shower at certain times, then yes, it is unreasonable to leave this in their review @Stephanie1266 . I suspect if you did, your bookings would go down too. 

PS. My 50-something old body clock sees me wake at 5.15 every morning. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Stephanie1266  You can't expect guests to just adhere to your schedule and be aware that their activities may be bothersome at certain hours. Not everyone is inately aware and respectful. If you want guests to be held to quiet times, you have to state those clearly in your listing, reiterate when guests book, request to book, or send Inquiries, and again when they arrive.

And why does check-out at 8/9 AM mean they don't have a flight? How would you infer that?

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Stephanie1266 

Unless they came back after 11pm armed with a pungent tikka masala or were singing Nessun Dorma in the bathtub at 05.59, probably you should chalk it up as just an occupational hazard that hosting brings from time to time.